Thread: River Balvag Sun 12th march

Default River Balvag Sun 12th march

A bit short notice , but we're going to do the river and possibly one of the lochs as well . As usual anyone wishing to join us , get in touch

Alan

Smile balvag

hello alan & margaret i,ll come along on this one looking forward to getting out its been a hard week at work see you tomorrow
    when they say it can,t be done do it anyway

Smile Work?

Hi Allan,
    Is there room for one more in your canoe?
    We are picking Stuart up tomorrow.
    Yours MM.
    Maggie.

''One is always wiser after the event''

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineering Maggie
    Hi Allan,
    Is there room for one more in your canoe?
    We are picking Stuart up tomorrow.
    Yours MM.
    yes thats not a problem will he need a PFD i,ll bring a spare one anyway i said to alan on phone i,ll meet you at usual breakfast stop

do you guys have a paddle for stuart my other one will be too long

Default white stuff

ok so sunday morn has arrived the day of our wee jont down the balvag, after packing a small sack sat night with a few essentials can you imagine my astonishment to open my front door to a wall of snow (ok maybe a slight exageration )but at least 3 inch had fallen and no sign of snow plough .DILEMMA do i brave the arctic conditions and get canoe from garage or go back to bed and tell my wife that no one was going because the roads are closed, (in other words whimp out) .After working up a sweat digging a path to garage it would of been a waste of time and effort not to put canoe on the roof of van,so i have a canoe on roof and i have replaced my small sack of essentials with slightly more ie:snow shoes, ice axe,crampons ,ski goggles,survival bag,tent,flares(not the trouser type) ,i,ve also took the precaution of telling the coast guard & mountain rescue teams of my planned route .i,m on my way now i,ve said my goodbyes to kids with the reply YEH WHATEVER DAD ,kids eh .anyway can,t sit here chatting i,ve got a river to run i,m off.

I had wondered if this would still be on. I expect superb pictures from this.
    John

only 3". ?................there are 10" on the lawn here, and it is still falling

I'm going nowhere.............it is over 100yards to the road and for some reason the wife has refused to dig us out.

Back to the books and workshop.....maybe sledging in a canoe this afternoon
    If it wasn't for the rain in our lives there would be no rivers. X 2

Quote Originally Posted by allan
    ok so sunday morn has arrived the day of our wee jont down the balvag, after packing a small sack sat night with a few essentials can you imagine my astonishment to open my front door to a wall of snow (ok maybe a slight exageration )but at least 3 inch had fallen and no sign of snow plough .DILEMMA do i brave the arctic conditions and get canoe from garage or go back to bed and tell my wife that no one was going because the roads are closed, (in other words whimp out) .After working up a sweat digging a path to garage it would of been a waste of time and effort not to put canoe on the roof of van,so i have a canoe on roof and i have replaced my small sack of essentials with slightly more ie:snow shoes, ice axe,crampons ,ski goggles,survival bag,tent,flares(not the trouser type) ,i,ve also took the precaution of telling the coast guard & mountain rescue teams of my planned route .i,m on my way now i,ve said my goodbyes to kids with the reply YEH WHATEVER DAD ,kids eh .anyway can,t sit here chatting i,ve got a river to run i,m off.
    So, Allan, how does the story end?
    Lucas
    --------
    He who dies with the most stories, wins.

Quote Originally Posted by lucas
    http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...ead.php?p=3670
    John

Quote Originally Posted by lucas
    hi lucas although my story was a little tongue & cheek we really didn,t make it to river we had to turn back because of snow, so the story ends at linlithgow loch check out alan & margarets blog