Thread: 3 problems..maybe all related I dont know..

Default 3 problems..maybe all related I dont know..

1.certain words are highlighted in blue.when I clck on these I am presented with unwanted "ads" as an example ppcs.tibsearch.com

2. typing is a pain. the text misses out letters, cant delete by highlighting and using the delete key

3.when bringing up any blogg or anything else ,a blank page offers ads eg ad.betterdeals.com before I can view the log (or whatever).
    Any thoughts

1. - probably IntelliTXT used to serve adverts. Might be enabled to generate revenue
    2. - not sure. Suspect it's not the forum but browser / PC
    3. - as with 1, served adverts

My recommendation would be to use Firefox with the Ad-Block Pro addin installed. I haven't seen any ads for years !!
    Death is natures way of telling you to slow down.

thanks..I'll get my "geek" cousin to have a look.

There should not be any words highlighted with links to adverts when you are logged in. If you are not logged in then words like ebay, firebox and maybe product names like Nikon Camera will be converted into links by Skimlinks as a way to generate some revinue for the forum. But as I say this should only be for non registered members or members not logged in. Can you link to an effected thread?

There should certainly not be any pop up windows coming up. This sounds like you may have a virus or something else effecting your computer as it is not coming from here.
    John

thanks John..even logged on I have the problem. I'll get someone who knows a bit about these things to have as look.

Have you tried using a different web browser?
    John

John, The problem occurred using the browser I have always used with no polems till a fe weeks ago
    (note how the script is corrupted.) This is one of the "niggles". However I'll try a different one..Jim