Thread: Derbyshire Derwent Catchment Workshops

Default Derbyshire Derwent Catchment Workshops

Derbyshire Wildlife Trust are running 3 "workshops" whatever they are, on Monday in Derby, Tuesday in Cromford and Wednesday in Bamford. In order to discuss plans for a new catchment partnership.

http://www.derbyshirewildlifetrust.o...hop?instance=0

I don't know what might be achieved but I intend to go to the Bamford one, hopefully we will see plenty of paddlers at them, to give an indication to those that make decisions that there is some interest from people other than anglers.

I attended the Bamford meeting last night. There was nothing Earth shattering, but it was good to see the chair of Peak Paddlers there putting a paddlers point of view across.
    The idea is that the Environment Agency and Derbyshire Wildlife Trust are facilitating the formation of a "catchment partnership" .
    I think it would be very sensible to get some paddlers on whatever committee is formed. There were a lot of fishermen, (they were all men!) and if paddlers do not have any representatives involved our voice will not be heard.

The next meeting, for the whole Derwent Catchment is on 14th May in Bakewell. Ridiculously it's at 1.30pm until 5pm, so if you have a job you probably can't go. I can't, can anybody?

I will be going to the next meeting, I will also point out the rather poor choice of time for the meeting, which I think will stop most recreational users attending the meeting.

it was nice to see access on the agenda

Excellent. I've E-mailed them and whinged as well. I'll forward their reply to you.

Reckon i could probably get to the Bakewell meeting being slightly indisposed at the moment!
    Are there any minutes or info availible? PM if you've got any info!

TC