Thread: I Keep Getting Logged Out - Any Good Ideas Why?

Just North of Portsmouth. "Over the hill".

Default I Keep Getting Logged Out - Any Good Ideas Why?

I'm finding that I can browse away without any problems, but every time I post to a thread I'll type my bit only to find I'm logged out when I press the "Post Quick Reply" button. I never used to get this problem. Is it a quirk of using an iPad?

Several times I've lost everything I've typed because of this which is more than a little annoying
    Who's been sleeping in my porridge???

When you log in, are you ticking the 'Remember me' button just below the Username box?
    Juvanile delinkwit, vaguely faffing around with a pair of pliers. Du skal ikke tro at du er bedre end mig!

No,,,, but I'll give it a go. That said I've never ticked it before and I didn't used to get this problem. I figured it might be using this iPad that was doing it.

I also keep clicking on threads and ending up in people's profiles instead, but I don't think that's a technical issue, just a fat fingered picnic error on the touch screen.

Thanks for the suggestion so quick.

Yep, it stayed logged in while I did that.

If you click on 'Accept cookies from visited sites' in General, you stay logged in when you close SotP and don't have to log in again the next time you open it. At least, that's what I've found, but I am as far from being an expert on the ipad as it is possible to be!

I share you fat-fingered frustrations!
    Juvanile delinkwit, vaguely faffing around with a pair of pliers. Du skal ikke tro at du er bedre end mig!

WHat Trev said, it should be fine if you tick the Remember me box when you log in.
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle