Thread: Afon Llwchwr / River Loughor

Default Afon Llwchwr / River Loughor

Peoples,
    I am off camping in the Gower, (again, great place), this summer and have been studying maps.........
    Has anyone put in at a place near "Daltons Point", on the B4295 near Crofty. Streetmap shows the place to be opposite a road named "Greenacres". It appears to be little affected by tide, but if mud instead of sand, could prove to be impossible for launching. I have tried a search on the site but nothing obvious appears. Any information gratefully received.
    I am looking foward to seeing how far up this river I can explore.
    Many Thank You`s,
    Richard.
    What a long strange trip its been.......

Take a look at local.live.com the resolution is good and will give you an idea of the lie of the land - or water for that matter.

Q

Question Loughor

Sorry to bump this thread. I did as was advised, but the image does not really give the information required, (sand/mud access either side of H.W.etc). Has no one paddled this river? If not then I will have to go at it from scratch and report my findings...
    Richard.
    What a long strange trip its been.......

Quote Originally Posted by NIKOND70 View Post
    Sorry to bump this thread. I did as was advised, but the image does not really give the information required, (sand/mud access either side of H.W.etc). Has no one paddled this river? If not then I will have to go at it from scratch and report my findings...
    Richard.
    The sprog assures me that he has seen pedestrians sink to at least knee deep there... says "It's not a nice place to be!".... and there are natives.

You can get there by bus (teenagers know everything - but nothing of any use)

Default Afon Llwchwr

Hi,

it,s been a long time, but i have paddled the river from Pontardulais down to the boat club in lougher. Typical esturial river. Can be windy. yes there are muddy banks.

May i suggest a day trip further west and paddle the teifi from Llechrhyd down to the sea stopping at the teifi Boat club (river right). this trip has everything.

Further south and there is the Cleddau estuary - days of good paddling.

Bob

Romsey, Paddle estuaries within an hour, also club member and coach, and scout canoeing helper

Default Loughor / Llwchwr paddling (S.Wales)

I have a friend from the Gower and have been looking for a place to take them paddling - the Lougher estuary looks to be good as from the maps, as it seems to be relatively enclosed with interesting features to paddle. There appear to be some waterways running into the estuary? How far up river can you get?

Does anyone have an update on possible puts ins with parking for the area down to Loghour from the North. It would be a circular paddle.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Brevan
    Brevan,
    The truth (about Rights of Navigation) is out there
    Romsey, Hampshire
    Twitter: BrevanM
    Follow my blog at http://riveraccessrights.blogspot.com/