Thread: River Tove Northants

Default River Tove Northants

Does anyone know if canoes are allowed on this river, I'm told by fishing friends that it is non navigable, but I thought that this meant no powered craft

I don't know the river, but if its deep enough for paddling, you can access it from a public place, and you paddle responsibly, quietly and with courtesy, you should have no problem. Your fishing friends may or may not agree, but that's how most of us see it.
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Thanks mal, fishing club no longer have the rights, so I think I'm gonna give it a go, it's lovely little river, right through the middle of towcester racecourse! Think I may chose a non race day!

Default P,f,l,o,p

Quote Originally Posted by davidfletcher View Post
    Thanks mal, fishing club no longer have the rights, so I think I'm gonna give it a go, it's lovely little river, right through the middle of towcester racecourse! Think I may chose a non race day!
    I think you will be fine to combine days racing with you canoe trip David, this lovely park land course do's not charge an entrance fee, but a word of warning if you are considering a wager, its a challenging, undulating
    track, that favours horse's who have run well there in the past, 'be lucky' !

Default River Tove

Does anyone know if canoes are allowed on this river, I'm told by fishing friends that it is non navigable, but I thought that this meant no powered craft
    David,

Did you ever get a response as I too would like to know.

David

There is a public right of navigation on all flowing water that has the "natural and visible capacity for use" It is not a case of is it allowed but has anyone got the right to stop you. To have this right they must be able to present legislation or the exercise of statutory powers to show that the PRN has been lawfully extinguished.