Thread: Firelogs

Default Firelogs

Does anyone else use these or something similar?
    http://www.bigk.co.uk/Winter_supplie...tiger_tim.html

I get mine in Lidl's and they burn for a couple of hours. They make a very sociable campfire, light quickly and leave very little waste after they've burnt out. They are a wee bit heavy to carry but they mean you don't have to rob the surrounding area of branches and sticks just to have a campfire.

I don't think they are recommended for cooking on, but that is not why I have them.
    Big Al.

Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river been poisoned
    and the last fish been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money.
    ~Cree Indian Proverb

They have a fair amount of wax to them if I remember properly so no cooking would not be too good. They are mostly for people in the city who have fire places and do not want to go to the trouble of getting wood for the two fires per year that they light. They would be good in areas with little to no firewood or cut up to make fire lighters. In this area wood is plentiful so I have only had use for them once or twice.
    Lloyd

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug...

We were in Minneapolis (so Wing tells me) once. Wing had got us great rates for a suite (cheaper than a room - most places). It was a three story affair - with real fire places on two stories. No firewood though. We had to go to a grocery store and buy some of those fake log things for way too much money. They worked well enough, but I sure wish I'd known. Could have packed a few logs in from home.

Having spent most my life heating with wood (we have electric now), I just can't resist a wood fire.
    The perfect canoe -
    Like a leaf on the water

we keep some fake logs for when I can not be bothered getting wood for the home fires.

They are made with nothing but recycled pressed wood dust - burn hot, clean and for about 3 hours. You can use them on campsites that allow BBQ as there is little flame. Only thing is you need decent quality firebox/box as the get very hot.