Thread: River Balvag & Loch Lubnaig/voil Sun 5th March

Default River Balvag & Loch Lubnaig/voil Sun 5th March

Ok , It's not the Spey , but for those of us who can't make Tonys trip at least it's a river of sorts . Options are the whole trip , Loch Voil and the Balvag or the Balvag and loch lubnaig . Another thought was to head to Crianlarich to practice poling up the river Fillan . As usual if anyone wants to join us or if you have any thoughts on an other destination , lets hear from you

Alan

Journal Entries

Not sure of my plans for this weekend yet. If we have snow I might need to take the girls sledging. We have had a sledge for two years and it is still not christened yet. Karen has also not let me know if I am off duty yet

Once I have the Prospector I can start taking the girls when I can't get off duty. Of course this will only be for short easy trips or when another adult wants to share the paddling.

Default Snow

Hi John,

If we get snow? There is lots of snow in them thar hills.

When do you get your Prospector now? Or as the girls might say How many sleeps ?

Anyway if you can't make Sunday Happy Sledging.

Alan and I don't mind if folks can only turn up for a few hours if they let us know re - family commitments etc we'll sort something out.

See you sometime

Yours Maggie and Alan.
    Maggie.

''One is always wiser after the event''

Default balvag trip

hi alan & margaret because of the weather up north (loads of white stuff) tony is keeping an eye on situation and may have to leave this one for another time. ifso i,d be pleased to join you at the balvag
    when they say it can,t be done do it anyway

Default Boots and Paddles Bud

Hi Allan,

Guess where Alan is zzzz.

Stuart phoned and he has suggested that if we are having a shorter day than last Sundays epic . He will try and convince his better half (oops sorry guys) to come out with us.
    Will be seeing them both tomorrow evening so will keep you posted.

Yours Maggie .
    Maggie.

''One is always wiser after the event''

Well, the Spey trip is off (too little water, too cold night time temperatures, probably a cold head wind,...), so might see about coming along, or maybe the Teith (probably low as well, but it is local)

[Could always try the Tay at Stanley?]

Philip

Default balvag

trips off so i,ll be joining you both on sunday i think lucas may come along aswell ,now don,t be thinking you,re second best

I would like to come along, if we get logistics worked out. How long of trip are you looking at?
    Lucas
    --------
    He who dies with the most stories, wins.

hi lucas i can pick you up ,we,re probably talking most of daylight hours i,ll give you a phone when i know.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lucas
    I would like to come along, if we get logistics worked out. How long of trip are you looking at?
    If we head for Voil / Lubnaig , 10 to 20 KM are possible . If the forcast is good we may travel further to Loch Ba or Loch Etive . We are flexible for this trip if anyone has an area in mind that they would like to visit

Alan

Unhappy I can't come :(

Quote Originally Posted by philipoakley
    Well, the Spey trip is off (too little water, too cold night time temperatures, probably a cold head wind,...), so might see about coming along, or maybe the Teith (probably low as well, but it is local)

[Could always try the Tay at Stanley?]

Philip
    Daughter is sick so I'm on childcare duties. Hope Sunday's trip goes well.
    Philip