Thread: Hi there...im a newbie....United utilities Reservoirs ok?

Default Hi there...im a newbie....United utilities Reservoirs ok?

Hi
    Forgive me for not finding it in a search, but im a bit excited at the prospect of joining this site (2 mins ago) and having a wealth of knowledge and like minded souls on ma wavlength at hand. I want to know if i can row my inflatable boat on Anglezarke reservoir which is an hour drive from me and looks stunning
    No idea what the ettiquite is on here but I do hope there are no 'Inflatablists' on here...even though i just made that up :-) Im inflatable and proud but will mix with other ethnicities like canadian canoists

My inital thought is i feel i have the right??

Hi, welcome to the site.

I don't know the reservoir you mention, but in England and Wales there is no general right to take boats on to reservoirs. So it is up to the Water Company that owns/runs the reservoir to decide if they let boats on or not, if they do they normally charge. Either look on the website of the water company or hopefully some members near you will be able to give more advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    Hi, welcome to the site.

I don't know the reservoir you mention, but in England and Wales there is no general right to take boats on to reservoirs. So it is up to the Water Company that owns/runs the reservoir to decide if they let boats on or not, if they do they normally charge. Either look on the website of the water company or hopefully some members near you will be able to give more advice.
    thanks friend, hope yet then