Thread: Hello everyone

Default Hello everyone

Hello everyone my name is paul i live in kincardine on forth(fife), i treated my self to a coleman explorer last summer, i have only used it a couple of times up at loch lubnaig last year but i hope to get much more use out of it this year.
    Last edited by MagiKelly; 19th-February-2006 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Make picture visible

Hi Paul

Welcome. Is it passable to transport your canoe upside down on your roof rack. If you have it loaded the right way up in the rain it could fill with water and damage your car (A canoe full of water will weigh over a ton)
    John

monkey_pork is offline a wind age, a wolf age - before the world goes headlong Super Moderator

Good luck getting out on the water this year, I'm sure you'll find lots of pictures on this site to temp you out.

Is that boat stapped on, or is there come sort of a fixed clamp arrangement in use there, between the rails and the gunwales ?

Thanks for the replys guys, the canoe is ment to sit the way it is shown in the picture , it sits on four pads that mold to the shape of the hull of the canoe, there are then two straps that fix it in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    Thanks for the replys guys, the canoe is ment to sit the way it is shown in the picture , it sits on four pads that mold to the shape of the hull of the canoe, there are then two straps that fix it in place.
    I have seen fixings like that used for kayaks but not an open canoe. I am sure it will be secure enough as long as it does not have the chance to fill up with water. If it is just loaded up then unloaded when you get to the water it should not be a problem.
    John

monkey_pork is offline a wind age, a wolf age - before the world goes headlong Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    Ah, thanks - it's either a new monitor or glasses for me then !

HI Paul , you are not to far from us in Livingston . Keep your eye on the trips section , you are welcome to join us anytime

PS Did we speak to you at the luibnaig car park over christmas , two canoes on a red van

Alan

Hi alan, no it wasnt me you spoke to at christmas, thanks for the welcome though.