Thread: Local water 2

Journal Entries

Smile Local water 2

I had to share these from the paddle I had this evening,

I live on the shores of Strangford Lough, Co. Down, I normally work all day Saturday so no paddling, but I got home early this evening and when I saw this I had to put the boat in...

just to prove I'm in a canoe

I paddled out about a mile or so then the wind started to come in and the sun went down further, so it started getting cold, time to head for home. total time on the water about an hour.

I got out at an old harbour nearly across the road from the house,

Nice to have a paddle with no driving at all, just dodging the cars crossing the road....
    JD
    He knows not where he's going, For the ocean will decide, It's not the destination, It's the glory of the ride

Journal Entries

There is nothing like having some water to paddle right on your doorstep for when the weather makes paddling an absolute necessity.

Great looking pictures.
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

monkey_pork is offline a wind age, a wolf age - before the world goes headlong Super Moderator

Yikes - is that my boat ?

Actually, I wish it was, that looks great water, and on your doorstep too ...

The bit about dodging cars put me in mind of a river section on the Devon Avon, there is a tidal road that, (if you ignore the occasional grounding) can just about be paddled over, whilst still shallow enough to be driven.

That's an entertaining experience, getting flashed at by cars in the river, or on the road ...