Thread: carved knife sheath for sale or trade

Default carved knife sheath for sale or trade

In 4.5mm veg tanned hide, hand sewn and finished, complete with detachable drop loop

I've done this one with an offset and longer belt loop than my usual, so it'll fit a belt up to 3" wide, assuming you don't use the drop loop supplied;

The colouring, as always is difficult to illustrate here, I always have issues with photo's but suffice to say, the colours are rich and deep.

It will take any standard "bushcraft" knife, ie- woodlore or copy/clone as well as clippers, F1's, spyderco bushcrafter, etc etc, if you're not sure just drop me a pm.

I'm looking for 35 for this please, which includes post and packing

cheques or crossed postal orders only

also open to trades, though I'm not really looking for anything "paddleyfied" at the moment

pm to secure

thanks for looking

Steve

Now paddling Either a Gumotex Palava 400 Or a Gumotex Solar Pro 410c and LOVING IT!

Another beautiful sheath!

I need a decent knife first though! I'm hoping I may be able to get one when I'm on holiday in Greece in a few weeks.
    Hang onto your paddle. And if you hit any rocks, don't hit 'em with your head.

Ive got a lovely knife that will fit that puddlesurfer. It cost 150 new im looking for a trolley and dry barrel for it. Failing that. Get a mora. There cracking knives for the money..

Thank you Puddlesurfer, Ray's right about the mora you know, they're excellent knives.

Here's another sheath I finished today:
    This one is a 4.5mm veg tan dangler sheath, to fit woodlores or clippers etc;

designed to be used with the detachable three stud belt loop or worn on a cord across the body.

The "cup & ring" motif is taken from numerous carved stones and is believed to date from the stone age but no one knows exactly how old these carvings are or indeed what they are meant to signify. I just find them fascinating, regardless of their meaning.

sewn with red 70lb artificial sinew completely hand made as well as unique.

35 for this one please including p&p

cheque or crossed postal order please

thanks for looking

Steve

Now paddling Either a Gumotex Palava 400 Or a Gumotex Solar Pro 410c and LOVING IT!

Lovely. Sadly I can't justify it right now, and only have bits of junk to trade! Second hand empty wine bottle any use to you? Only used once!

Lee - I too have a Mora. Brilliant for the money. If you find anything in Greece, do remember to put it in your hold baggage on the way home!
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

I must stop spending money, I keep seeing things and saying I want that! Like the above sheath! (s)

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlesurfer View Post
    I must stop spending money, I keep seeing things and saying I want that! Like the above sheath! (s)
    You really should buy 1 or 2, I did, fantastic. Plus I wont have to keep looking at these & gettin tempted again, this time for SWMBO I keep telling myself.....
    "Access all areas, Under the radar"

I'm getting a knife off Ray first

Quote Originally Posted by Toptec View Post
    You really should buy 1 or 2, I did, fantastic. Plus I wont have to keep looking at these & gettin tempted again, this time for SWMBO I keep telling myself.....
    You know, I still haven't found the photo's of the ones I did for you?

I recently replaced the computer and transferred all the photo's but they must have gotten mixed up, because I just can't dig those pictures out.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments by the way.

best wishes

Steve

What part of the world are you in Steve? (rancidbadger) do you do courses? It would be great to spend a weekend learning how to do some of the stuff you do!

Quote Originally Posted by rancid badger View Post
    You know, I still haven't found the photo's of the ones I did for you?

I recently replaced the computer and transferred all the photo's but they must have gotten mixed up, because I just can't dig those pictures out.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments by the way.

best wishes

Steve
    Steve,
    I'll take some pics & send them over, a matching axe sheath might be required....
    Steve

Pics would be great Steve, I'll find the originals sooner or later but the albums appear to have got all mixed up, so it'll be a while.

What type of axe do you have?

If it's a GB SFA or Wildlife hatchet, I can manage that no bother for you but anything else, I'll need you to send me your axe to work from unfortunately.

puddlesurfer: I'm up in the north east, just west of Newcastle but I wouldn't dream of trying to teach leather work, I'm a rank amateur and it really is just a hobby for me.

If you're interested in giving leatherwork a go, I can recommend Al Stohlmans " The Art of Hand Sewing Leather" 10 and it contains everything you need to know to get started.

Here you go steve, with pleasure
    TT

That's the ones! I finally found them last night, then promptly lost them again!

got them sorted now though.

cheers

Steve

Would that sheath fit a Mora Companion? And can anyone clarify the law on sheath knives? I remember as a boy scout (too many years ago) carrying one around but I understand you can go to prison for that nowadays! Seriously, is one permitted to carry a sheathed knife in public albeit in an appropriate setting - perhaps not when shopping in Tesco!

Lee

The law is open to interpretation, but you can carry a tool for doing a job.
    If you're going in the woods to cut wood you can carry an axe but taking to the pub would be frowned upon! So you should be able to carry a knife in the appropriate setting.
    When I go paddling I have one on my belt (Mora) as well as a Leatherman (locking blade) which I carry for work and only take off if I'm going out somewhere.

The companion will fit like a glove, it's basically a clipper, which is the model I design most of my sheaths around.

As far as the law goes, I certainly wouldn't carry a sheath knife on my belt in any public place, indeed, my knife spends the majority of its time tucked away in my rucksack.

I also carry a leatherman when paddling and that gets far more use than my fixed blade knife but I would never carry that on my belt in a public place either.

If you're genuinely concerned, then check out the relevant legal blurb and make your own mind up from there.

Hi Rancid badger

Any chance you fancy doing something a bit different....... I have a 'Opinel' 12cm when folded , 20cm when open, knife, used for camping and when out day paddlng etc. I have often thought I could do with a 'sheath' to put it in so it can be fixed to me making it easy to get at it. A nice leather one would be ideal with a belt loop. do you think its possible to make one that would fit the Opinel.
    Would be nice if you could
    All the best Gordon (Gman)

Hello Gordon, it's certainly possible to make a sheath or a pouch for your knife but I'd need to have the knife on my bench to work from as I don't have anything similar myself.

pm me with a few more details on what you want and we'll see if we can sort something out.

cheers

Steve

I've dropped the price on both of these to 30 each

cheers

Steve

I'll have top one off you if you can wait a few weeks? Are you coming to Bala in September?

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlesurfer View Post
    I'll have top one off you if you can wait a few weeks? Are you coming to Bala in September?
    Unfortunately, as usual, I'm working when the meet's on!

I'd rather leave the door open on this one, as its up for sale elsewhere too but if it does sell, I can always make you one in a similar design if you like

cheers

Steve

withdrawn

best wishes

Steve