Thread: Supporting the Canoe England Access Campaign

Default Supporting the Canoe England Access Campaign

The Access Campaign web site asks you to register as a supporter here

I've registered. Despite my often expressed reservations about the effectiveness of their campaign, there is no doubt that they should play a major role... and we need to influence them in the direction we want them to take.
    Doug Dew
    "The best is yet to come" My Father

I've tried to register several times, but the site always refused to acknowledge my pressing of the "submit" button.

Today I tried it in Internet Explorer instead of Google Chrome. It seemed to work. It would appear that the Rivers Access Campaign isn't aware of Google yet... I've e-mailed them to let them know of this.

So, if it doesn't work for you, try a different browser.

Thanks for posting this Doug, I have had similar problems to Mal. But this time I used Internet Explorer instead of my normal Firefox and it worked.

The campaign may not be brilliant, but if we all try and support it, that will hopefully encourage CE to listen to us and do more about the access situation.

I am not sure why they think getting your home address is a good idea... I didn't give them mine... email is fine but paper in the letter box is a no-no for me
    Doug Dew
    "The best is yet to come" My Father

Quote Originally Posted by dougdew99 View Post
    I am not sure why they think getting your home address is a good idea... I didn't give them mine... email is fine but paper in the letter box is a no-no for me
    I think that they may just have asked for all the details, without any great thought, because it's what they normally do. But they may have genuine reasons, they may in the future want to send out posters or leaflets, or it maybe a useful way of showing that all the supporters of the campaign are real people who actually exist.

added my support even though I am less than impressed with the BCU. We need to have them on board if we are to improve access for all.

Bushcraft Survival and First Aid Training.

Have just added my comments too. If we don't fill it in how are they going to fight our case?
    We need to keep the pressure on from many directions.
    Bootstrap
    There's no such thing as inclement weather - you're just incorrectly dressed