Thread: For the hard of thinking - just how do you upload images onto SOTP?

Default For the hard of thinking - just how do you upload images onto SOTP?

Step by step instructions would be good - Thank you.

It keeps asking me about a URL?????

You gotta put 'em onto a photo-hosting site first -Flickr, Photobucket, whatever. Then follow your site's instructions for getting the URL , code, whatever.

In your Reply, put [img]...your photo URL....[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r View Post
    You gotta put 'em onto a photo-hosting site first -Flickr, Photobucket, whatever. Then follow your site's instructions for getting the URL , code, whatever.

In your Reply, put [img]...your photo URL....[/img]

Oh dear - that sounds a bit technical....I'll give that some thought!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

WW

To try and save you any further frustrations (, , )

Step 1) Create a FREE account on www.Photobucket.com
    Step 2) Upload your chosen images (Photos)
    Step 3) When you've uploaded your selected photos, maybe put them in an album. The option is there on the screen. You can creat sub-albums later if you wish to.
    Step 4) Have your album (Or it may be called a 'Set') open. Hover over the photo you wish to put on this site. below the photo will open a little menu.
    Step 5) In the menu, click in the box to the right of 'Direct Link' (2nd box down) and it will show in YELLOW: 'Copied'.
    Step 6) Go back to your Song of the Paddle thread that you're posting in, click on the 'Insert image' thingy, just to the left of the 'Insert video' thingy. Step 7) You'll then be asked to put in a web address where the image or photo is.
    Step 8)Press 'Ctrl' to the bottom left or right of your keyboard and 'V' at the same time. your copied URL should appear.
    Step 9) Then press 'OK' at the bottom of the box, and your image or photo should appear.
    Step 10) Repeat this process each time you wish to add an image or photo to a Song of the Paddle thread until you can do it without reffering to this checklist!!

Happy uploading!!

Cheers, Chris.
    Cheers, Chris.

There are tutorials here

http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...s-on-the-Forum

and they have pictures for people like me too
    John

I've just spent twenty minutes trying to do this and couldn't believe that it would be web-based media only. Oh well.
    I can see the reason why, but will this change in time?

Quote Originally Posted by Pondweed View Post
    I've just spent twenty minutes trying to do this and couldn't believe that it would be web-based media only. Oh well.
    I can see the reason why, but will this change in time?

I don't even understand what you've just written - having said that just had a major breakthrough uploading a "jpg" image onto our Scout website - so I truly believe I'm getting "with it" slowly!!!

WW

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I data terms a picture takes up tens of thousands of times the data that words do. The database on SotP is over a gigabyte and is made up of text only. If all the pictures were hosted here too it would make the site slower to run and much much more expensive to host.

As a result most busy forums take advantage of the fact there are many free photo hosting services out there who can take the strain from the forum servers.

Once you are used to it is not hard, although, I appreciate it takes a little time to master. With the advent of smartphones I have found it a lot easier myself and now use photpbucket as it is easier than me loading them onto the server here. This thread helped me with that http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...om-your-iPhone
    John

Whilst it can take a little getting used to, I find the process simple. Now, that is, not the first time! Any complications are normally with the photo host site, and with getting the RIGHT type of image code copied. You then just paste it in.

So, for Photobucket, you choose the code from the "Links to share this photo" labelled IMG (the bottom one). Copy this (it will start [URL=....). Then simply come onto SOTP and paste it straight into your text. Simples . I use CtrlC and CtrlV to speed it up further. One other hint is to leave at least 2 or 3 lines of space either side of the IMG code you are posting in, makes things look clearer.
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle