Thread: Harry Rock Poling Movie

Default Harry Rock Poling Movie

Hi All,
    I have just finished editing some tape from Harry Rocks open canoe poling session he gave to the coach's after the symposium in the summer.

I have uploaded the first of three, the first one just shows Harry working his way up Bratahy Pool, but the second and third ones contain him explaining a number of manouvres.

They can be found at the link in my signature.

Cheers

John

Check out river levels@www.rainchasers.com

Hi All,
    I am afraid I have had to pull the poling movie for the moment, it seems there was a proffesional crew onsite filming for a retail vidoe for Harry.I have not managed to contact them yet but dont want to get in there way so Ill try to clarify their position.Before doing anything else with the video.

Apologese for those interested

Cheers

John

Check out river levels @ www.rainchasers.com

Default movie

that's a shame - I believe the copyright of the movie is yours, so should be OK - post a wee version to avoid clashes - it may even help promote the commercial item.

Smile

hi shorty,

did you film any other his sessions with the punters? cos id be interested in seeing myself fall over!

Default poling session

Which session were you in Dave? Sunday morning - might have some pics.

Alastair

Hi alastair,

i cant really remember but i think it was Sunday afternoon. Did you take part in one the sessions? i thought it was bloomin brilliant

dave

Default session

Did the Sunday morning session - amazing!

some pics on http://www.canoesymposium.co.uk

Alastair

Hi Alistair,
    I did not do the filming it was from one of the coach's helping out on the weekend and was of a session done on the Monday after the event.

As far as I am concerned the copyright does belong to the person filming, but out of respect for Harry and his film crew it did not seem fair to keep the movie up without their consent, which I am still trying to get, I have e-mailed Harry but not yet recieved any reply.

Cheers

John

Check out river levels@ www.rainchasers.com

I know the rubber gloves are probable purly practical but he looks rather scary!

I much prefer the picture of him poling up a two foot drop on the front of the book i have. "The basic essentials of Canoe Poling"

(whisper) I grabbed a copy of the video before it was pulled
    Rogue

Journal Entries

Met this fellow in Maine. Sort of intense and competitive. In the war canoe race they made him the captain of one canoe with all the seasoned paddlers and made some over weight newbie the captain of the other and filled it with a bunch of other newbies.

Guess who won?
    Lloyd

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug...