Thread: Hammock Suspension Whoopie Slings (made from Amsteel)

Default Hammock Suspension Whoopie Slings (made from Amsteel)

I have made sets of whoopie slings for my hammocks they are an excellent piece of kit, made from amsteel (2.5mm, very strong, light weight and compact). Have some surplus amsteel so I am making some additional whoopie slings to sell here.

The photos are of my set so the bead that will be on the new ones will be similar but not exactly the same.

Pair of 6 foot slings 10 plus postage.

Pair of 7ft slings 12 plus postage.

Other sizes can be made to order.

I also made some continous loops and soft shackles (with the soft shackles to replace the need for karabenas).

Photos below show soft shackles and continous loop for illustration (these are not included in the sale) If interested in these please pm me for prices.

Below is the photo of the whole hammock set up.

still available

still for sale

Hi Macworm,

The whoopie slings and soft shackles arrived today, they are first class very well made, at a good price.
    I would advise anyone looking for whoopie slings, and soft shackles to look no farther than you.
    I can't wait to try them out.Thank you.

peatbog
    Last edited by peatbog; 29th-November-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: spelling

thanks very much peatbog for your postive comments cheers

hi,

Just started to look at the possibility of Hammock camping and so actually know nothing... what is the purpose of the whoopie slings?

Your other photos have been removed so can't see how they fit into the system.

regards.

Hi there , the advantage of amsteel whoopie slings and soft shackles is they are tough, hardwearing, ultralight weight and a really compact suspension system for a hammock. The soft shackles replaces the need for karibenas. Here are the photos again:

Soft shackles (for illustration they are not included in the price of the whoopie slings, but can be bought seperately)

Photos below show soft shackles and continous loop for illustration (these are not included in the sale of the whoopie slings) If interested in these please pm me for prices.

Below is the whole hammock set up

Macworm

I already have slings so don't need yours (sorry) but am interested in soft shackles if you have any - please let me know costs etc

Thanks
    Hugh

Hi hsevans thanks for asking the shackles are 3" long (7" when not closed) and would cost 6 a pair delivered if you pickup paypal fees.