Moderator:Admins

Clipper MacKenzie 18'6"

Clipper MacKenzie 18'6"

Mar 09, 2007#1

Maker's Spec

Pics not available

Std Features: Bucket seats, sliding bow seat, yoke, adjustable stern footbrace, flotation tanks, bow & stern thwarts
    Options: Gunnel covers, black trim package, wood trim package, foam thigh pads, wilderness lash system, contoured yoke, expedition spray skirt.

SPECS:
    Length: 18'6"
    Beam: 37” 35" (@ 4"Waterline)
    Bow Height: 22"
    Stern Height: 22"
    Center Height:16"
    WEIGHT:
    Fiberglass 78lbs
    Kevlar 70lbs
    Ultralight 62lbs

Maker's Write Up
    For unbelievable performance in a large capacity touring canoe, try the 18'6" MacKenzie. Load it up with camping gear, the kids and the dog - and you’re set for a wilderness adventure.
    The 18'6" MacKenzie is great for fishermen and hunters who require a canoe to carry large loads and offers excellent stability and performance. The 18'6" MacKenzie will carry 1400 lbs with 7" of freeboard. Molded plastic bucket seats, adjustable stern footbrace and sliding bow seat make the 18'6" MacKenzie a very comfortable and efficient paddling canoe. An optional third bench seat is available.
    The 18'6" MacKenzie features a vacuum bagged foam core, sliding bow seat, portage yoke and adjustable stern footbrace.

May 07, 2009#2

This is another one of the three canoes I own. Let me say first it does not have enough rocker to handle big ocean like the 17' Clipper Prospector does, but it can pack enough gear to last three people three weeks easily. Careful using it on moving water, it corners like a cruise ship and I put a nice big crack in mine after hitting a tree a few months ago. Overall I love this mammoth as a touring craft.

May 07, 2009#3

Here's a pic of mine loaded up on the North Coast of British Columbia.