Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Firebox

The system won't let me PM you until I have made three posts. This is number 2.

This post number threeeeeeeee.

Very impressed with my firebox, thanks
    The top plate is good if you have a ghillie kettle as it funnels the heat (I think?) and will boil the water faster, I don't have a ghillie, so didn't bother

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

4. Default

Like Dave MP above me, I have to put three posts before I can send you a private message. This is number one! Sorry I feel like I am spamming this place.

5. Default

I first saw these fireboxes curtsey of Mr Fox over at the GBBG, I didnt have the money at first so I scrolled past, but now I do I think It will make a great addition to my kit. Number two (Please dont hate me!)

6. Default

I really do hope you still make these, I dont know anybody else that does anything similar. Threeee!

He's still got some I think, but doesn't come on here that often, love mine, sid me well at the open canoe association weekend

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1jack1pike View Post
    I really do hope you still make these, I dont know anybody else that does anything similar. Threeee!
    I've dropped him a message on facebook for you.

Firebox are still available though I am making them to order at the moment which means a lead time of 7 to 10 days.

The large firebox measures 374 x 220 x 160mm and is made from 1.5mm stainless steel,
    Large firebox in 1.5mm stainless steel.................53.00 + UK postage = 63.50
    Large firebox in 1.5mm stainless with top plate....67.00 + UK postage = 77.50

The small firebox measures 220 x 220 x 160mm and is made from 1.2mm stainless steel.
    Small firebox in 1.2mm stainless steel.................44.00 + UK postage = 54.50
    Small firebox in 1.2mm stainless with top plate....57.00 + UK postage = 67.50

Jon.
    Selway Fisher Peterborough 15' - 21Kgs
    FU-BCU Level 2 (Owns a canoe and gets out there and enjoys themselves)

Quote Originally Posted by jondavy View Post
    Firebox are still available though I am making them to order at the moment which means a lead time of 7 to 10 days.

The large firebox measures 374 x 220 x 160mm and is made from 1.5mm stainless steel,
    Large firebox in 1.5mm stainless steel.................53.00 + UK postage = 63.50
    Large firebox in 1.5mm stainless with top plate....67.00 + UK postage = 77.50

The small firebox measures 220 x 220 x 160mm and is made from 1.2mm stainless steel.
    Small firebox in 1.2mm stainless steel.................44.00 + UK postage = 54.50
    Small firebox in 1.2mm stainless with top plate....57.00 + UK postage = 67.50

Jon.
    Hi Jon could you post a pic of the large one with top plate and also the small one with top plate so as to get an idea of size difference visually showing key design point might well buy one from you cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ripvanwinkle View Post
    Hi Jon could you post a pic of the large one with top plate and also the small one with top plate so as to get an idea of size difference visually showing key design point might well buy one from you cheers
    It takes some imagination, but this post shows the cutting plan for the two sizes: http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...353#post440353

I'm not sure whether Jon keeps boxes in stock to take photos, so maybe you could model the size from cardboard or wire to see the difference? In that post he says that it's just shorter - so I presume the same height and width.

Hope that helps.

I have the large box on order, so will post pictures when it arrives.
    Welding and fabrication for forum members.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234