Thread: Leather Laplander Saw Pouches

Default Leather Laplander Saw Pouches

I wasn't going to bother putting these up here as I wasn't sure there'd be much interest and then I thought; why not? I made them mainly because I hadn't made any for a year or two and fancied something different from knife sheaths

So here you go, a couple of alternatives to whatever you use to carry your laplander saw:

They are both handmade from 3.5mm vegetable tanned leather, sewn with 70lb artificial sinew for strength and durability. They have been hand dyed and although the pictures dont really show it to its full extent, they are finished with several coats of carnauba wax, which has been buffed to a deep shine. This wax is excellent for repelling both dirt and water.

First up a "traditional" style pouch ( is there a traditional saw pouch?)

This one is supplied with a detachable drop loop which when fitted, allows the pouch to pivot and swing freely from your belt.
    Alternatively, it can be simply threaded onto any belt up to about three inches wide.

Very secure yet the saw is easily withdrawn for use and just as easily replaced when your finished with the tool.

It's finished in a dark brown mottle/stripe pattern, with black edges and mouth

With a brass "d" ring for attaching the drop loop.

Then this one, built using the same materials but a completely different design, every bit as secure and finished in almost a tortoise shell pattern, with black trim.

This one is designed to be threaded directly onto your belt, using the double thickness permanently attached loop, it will take a military webbing belt if required

Both of these pouches are made to last and are fairly rigid though flexible enough to allow easy removal and replacement of your saw while on your belt, or indeed if carried in a rucksack or on a cord over your shoulder.

Please note: The saw is shown purely to illustrate how the pouches are supposed to look in use and is not included in the sale.

I'm asking 25 each for these please, inc delivery

cheques or crossed postal orders only-no paypal

pm to secure

thanks for looking

kind regards

Steve

Now paddling Either a Gumotex Palava 400 Or a Gumotex Solar Pro 410c and LOVING IT!

Excellent work, as usual Steve, I like the look of the 1st one, if it only matched my embossed (might not be the right word) knife sheath you made for me a while back.....
    "Access all areas, Under the radar"

Default top one sold

Quote Originally Posted by Toptec View Post
    Excellent work, as usual Steve, I like the look of the 1st one, if it only matched my embossed (might not be the right word) knife sheath you made for me a while back.....
    Thanks for that! I've been looking to find the photo's of your's but so far I've drawn a blank!

Anyway, the top ones now SOLD and the tortoise shell one still available.

cheers

Steve

Now paddling Either a Gumotex Palava 400 Or a Gumotex Solar Pro 410c and LOVING IT!

Thanks Steve Cheque is on its way

All the best

John

Hi Steve

Thanks for saw pouch, excellent item as usual.

All the best

John

Default A couple more

I've made these as pairs, someone asked me about knife sheaths and then matching pouches were mentioned, so here you go;

As always; 3.5mm veg tanned hide, hand sewn with 70lb artificial sinew, brass "d" ring and detachable drop loop

The knife sheath will fit any bushcraft knife of similar size and shape to the woodlore, as well as Clippers, cocraft,miki, spyderco bushcrafter, bernie garland bushcrafter, falkniven F1 etc , while the saw pouch is designed to fit the laplander folding saw.

next, a similar pair;exactly the same materials and build, just a slightly different sheath design;

There are a few rain drops showing in the two photo's above! and the drop loop is missing from the knife sheath in one picture but it is included

separately, the knife sheaths and pouches would be 28.50 each

I'm selling them as pairs for 50.

cheques or crossed postal orders only please

pm for first come first served

thanks for looking

all the best

Steve

WOW!!!!! quite simply WOW!!!!!
    Some beautiful work there pal, fantastic!!!!!
    If I had the cash yu would certainly have a buyer here fella!!!
    Well done!!
    Atb
    Steve

Beautiful looking sheaths,have one of your knife sheaths, and can have nothing but praise for the standard of workmanship,will last for years if cared for properly.
    Will be looking to order a saw sheath, when you have more available,keep up the good work,Steve!
    "What is this life,if full of care,we have no time to stand and stare......"

Red face Thank You

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments.

It's nice to get some feedback on how my work is being used and how its fairing,I make these as a hobby and I maybe over engineer them a bit but I do make them to last

kind regards

Steve

Both the matching sets are now SOLD pending payment

thanks for looking

Steve