Thread: Fforest Fields fan

Default Fforest Fields fan

http://www.fforestfields.co.uk/

Fforest fields, is way my favourite campsite. I don't normally share but the forum has been very good to me. (I have no commercial interests or connections with this campsite - I'm just a big fan and would like to share with other like minded folks).

Nearest lake is for fishing and the further one is for swimming and canoeing - small but excellent for trials and development.

Close up of boat lake - my kids will swim in here all summer.

Don't tell everyone
    Defender 90 - Best 4x4xfar
    ONE LIFE - LIVE IT

Sounds great!
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

I went there with my wife and kids last summer and thought it was really good. A back to basics camp site run on trust by very nice people, they were off to a family wedding the sat we were due to leave and we were thinking of staying another night but unsure due to the weather and she said if we stayed just leave the money in the honesty box. This was how you bought milk, eggs, bacon and excellent yoghurts all locally sorced too. If you could guarantee the weather i'd go there every year, they even allow open fires.

Yes, they are really nice family owners. We are only 40 mins away so often go on a weekend. They have even let us stay there for a new year's eve (lake swim on new years day was awesome hangover cure). They are building a new loo block at the moment so may not open until June this year, but as soon as they open we will be visiting. The weather is a bit grim in the cambrians but we still always enjoy it. I just wish more sites were as old school as FF.
    Defender 90 - Best 4x4xfar
    ONE LIFE - LIVE IT

Yes now I remember about the loo block, that will make it so much better we will have to return this year and see. I was there in Aug and the lake was freezing I can't imagine what new year was like!!!

My sort of site,heres another cracker http://campingatynysfaen.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus2 View Post
    My sort of site,heres another cracker http://campingatynysfaen.co.uk/

Ynysfaen is highly recommended. We camped there a few times last year. Its our favourite campsite. Jane the owner puts in a lot of effort to make sure things run smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyfish View Post
    Ynysfaen is highly recommended. We camped there a few times last year. Its our favourite campsite. Jane the owner puts in a lot of effort to make sure things run smoothly.
    Agreed,stayed there a few times now and nothing is too much trouble.Hope to drop by again this year