Thread: Mad River Horizon 15

Default Mad River Horizon 15

Maker's Spec

I have a Horizon 15 and love it. Mine has webbing seats though which look much better than the plastic moulds in the spec. picture. However, I never use the seats having fitted my own kneeling thwart. I paddle the boat solo on flat and moving water (and white water). It is easy to handle, turns well and manages both long flat stretches and the bubbly bits well. I've used it for a 5 day trip and it handles just as well fully loaded as it does on a day outing. I would not swap it for any other boat...

Had mine two years,excellent boat used for local river trips and camping on the Wye,nice and light to lift on to Land rover by myself .webbing seats and the IQ flotation bags,storage bag (mesh thing).Nice price too from WWC.

Default I'm a fan too

I bought mine 2nd-hand from Boots N Paddles (www.boots-n-paddles.co.uk - end of season equipment sale) and although am relatively new to canoeing, already finding it to be a great buy. Am able to paddle it solo, and able to load it myself due its nice size and weight (although it can be fun when it's windy!). Also had the family in it (my wife and 2 x 3yr olds). It's never going to be used for a multi-day family exped given its size, but certainly enough room in it for a few bits 'n' bobs for a day out or lightweight over-nighter.

Looking forward to many years of paddling in it.

Hi do you still have the boat ? I have just bought one and need to put the front seat back in its original position .

Hi there, I do still have the boat but it's elsewhere for a couple of months while we get some house redevelopment work done (no room to store in the garden!). I can't measure it up for you just now I'm afraid.

Hi I'm so pleased you still have the boat . when ever you get the chance to measure it up ,not in a super rush . Hope the redevelopment goes well . look forward to hearing from you when you get the chance .

Default In short...

I've paddled this boat a lot including some 4 day expeditions with my bike in the front. I've added a kneeling thwart, mast step, lacing, air bags and end loops. I really like it and can move it around by myself due to Royalex construction
    Spec:

15'2" Long
    32" Wide
    Minimal Rocker
    Pros:
    Lovely size for solo or tandem trips and Royalex is nice and light
    Cons:
    Not particularly dry on Class 3+ and resists edging due to rounded/flat hull
    Summary:
    Jack of all trades master of none
    You're still not trying hard enough!