Thread: Anyone planning on sailing in the Christmas Hols?

Default Anyone planning on sailing in the Christmas Hols?

Anyone planning on sailing in the Christmas Hols?

I'll will be for sure - venue tba but perhaps the Dart or the Severn. Saundersfoot maybe - who knows.

What about you folks - anything planned?

Steve

It's going to be really frustrating for me. I'll have so much free time but won't be able to do anything. To be safe I think it'll be mid February before I'm fit enough to get out again. Any earlier and I might be risking a recurrence of my injury. Patience is a virtue (apparently).

Not keen on winter sailing really. Too cold on everything and particularly the hands. Dave S wants to get the new boat on the water soon but first snow fall appeared this morning. I'm just a wuss! We'd only end up in the coffeeshop sooner than usual - hang on, that sounds like a good idea after all...

Hi Keith

I must admit I actually prefer winter sailing, particularly when it's dry and crisp with a blue sky and a good wind. A good drysuit with warm fleece underneath, Muck Boots and a fleece hat to keep warm. Not forgetting the thermal mug with hot tea to sip whilst sailing!

In addition, a good hot cook up on the Triangia on the river bank makes for a fantastic winters day.

I suppose as I spent many years whitewater kayaking in the depths of winter, sailing is no worse at all. I remember kayaking in a cheap wetsuit and my face being so cold I couldn't actually speak! . My current sailing / canoeing gear is just so much warmer.

Steve

Winter ww kayaking I grew out of some time ago! Ice forming on my BA / thawing out a stiff-as-a-board wetsuit before putting it on after frosty camping between trips are 2vivid memories!