Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nova Craft Prospector 15

Quote Originally Posted by OLD MAN View Post
    Getting a bit off topic here now but I can't help replying to your comment Mal.

There are many reasons why they haven't been out in a canoe with me before this year, but I took them out for the first time this May, and yesterday was the third time.
    The first time mainly, but each time since as well, it's been an absolute joy to see the thrill and enjoyment that they get from it. I believe it's adding an extra dimension to their slightly troubled lives, and even if they don't do it on their own in later life, I really hope that it embeds joyful memories in their minds, much the same as you and the littles pirates parents have done.

I've always been envious when I've read your blogs of those trips, wishing I'd done similar for my sons. It's all so easy in hindsight isn't it, but by doing this with my grandchildren, I hope I'm going some way to making up for the things I didn't do years ago.
    Great to hear. Kids adapt to paddling, and especially paddle camping, so quickly and clearly get so much out of it. Hopefully they'll continue to love it and, as you say, remember it in years to come.
    Covering as many malmiles as possible before being distracted by the pub!

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Quote Originally Posted by OLD MAN View Post
    I'd need to bring the other two grand kids to get the trim right, and that ain't gonna happen
    Paul,
    Your trim isn't two grandkids out, only one I reckon........
    You've seen the photo, I'll send her down fully dressed in pirate gear complete with swashbuckling sword 'n' all.........
    I'd post it here for a laugh but PB don't work for me either.
    Nice boat, enjoy
    "Access all areas, Under the radar"

Excellent that you have introduced them so early. As you say they may not always want to canoe but the memories wil stay with them, and though they may leave it behind, one day they may very well return. I spent a lot of time with my two grandsons when they were younger, up until they went to secondary school. When I got into canoeing last year I was really keen to get them involved but their lives have moved on so I am pretty much a solo canoeist which I actually really enjoy. Paddling the Lake District is one of the most relaxing and peaceful things I can imagine, even Ullswater on a busy day (although I do draw a bit of aline at Windermere) and I have no real need to go hurtling down rapids, fighting the currents. A day on a lake, poking around exploring bays, watching wildlife taking photographs and brewing coffee is my kind of heaven, and the weather's looking pretty good for tomorrow!!!!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

Quote Originally Posted by Toptec View Post
    Paul,
    Your trim isn't two grandkids out, only one I reckon........
    You've seen the photo, I'll send her down fully dressed in pirate gear complete with swashbuckling sword 'n' all.........
    I'd post it here for a laugh but PB don't work for me either.
    Nice boat, enjoy

Cheers Steve. Two young boys and a fidgety female pirate sound like a recipe for disaster to me.
    Nin Wanakiwidee Tchiman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12