Thread: Hello paddlers

Default Hello paddlers

Hi folks, the link to this popped up at just the right time. I've been thinking about taking up canoe camping for a while now due mainly to my laziness and gluttony. The trouble is, I live on the wrong side of Scotland.

I'm Nick, I've been keen on the outdoors since I realised they were there, sometime around when I started school and was allowed to the end of the road where all the trees and moors started. I spend half my life hanging by ropes from oilrigs where although there's plenty of sea to look at, there isn't a natural material to be touched. I like to decompress when I get home by taking in big lungfuls and eyefuls of Scotland.

Canoes seem like a nice way to do this and I can take along a proper barbecue and some bottles of wine rather than a bag of nuts, some dehydrated muck and a camelbak of body temperature water.

I recognise a few of the names here from other places and know Magikelly to be a thoroughly decent chap (let's see if power has corrupted him ) I'm off to have a read and try to expand my knowledge beyond the level of dimwit.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeman
    I recognise a few of the names here from other places and know Magikelly to be a thoroughly decent chap (let's see if power has corrupted him )
    Talk about timing indeed I have just this minute banned my first user (I will post about that shortly)

Anyway Nick you are more than welcome. The more people we can win over to the darkside the better.

And I don't care how well the Runt would do you as a rescue knife you still need to pass it on

Journal Entries

I think we're the wrong side of scotland too. Its a long way to any where but at least you appreciate it when you get there.
    'There is no wealth but life itself.'