Thread: addicted I am!

Default addicted I am!

Hi all,

Relatively new to all these canoe and kayak kapers after a mate introduced me to it, started out late last spring on the darkside but soon attracted by the flexibility and practicalness of OC's.

Acquired a Coleman Explorer 166 3 seater - its a bit of a tank but it floats! Sold the traditional closed cockpit kayak for a siton top which is great fun for messing around on.

Now looking at getting (and mastering!) a Mad River Outrage RX, as neither of the above are really suitable for bouncing off rocks in white water!

cheers for a great site.

Rols.

Journal Entries

Welcome. Glad you like the site and have been one over to the darkside

Any problems or questions just let me know.

monkey_pork is offline a wind age, a wolf age - before the world goes headlong Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ukrols

Now looking at getting (and mastering!) a Mad River Outrage RX, as neither of the above are really suitable for bouncing off rocks in white water!

Rols.
    Ha ha, good luck getting matery of that devil !
    I've had an Outrage for a good few years now, and it's still impossible to tell who's winning !

Ha ha, good luck getting matery of that devil !
    I've had an Outrage for a good few years now, and it's still impossible to tell who's winning !
    Yeah, I've now decided better of it, I think it would frustrate me a little too much on any flat inbetween sections.

Gonna go for something more willing to be tamed I think!

Rols.

monkey_pork is offline a wind age, a wolf age - before the world goes headlong Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ukrols
    Yeah, I've now decided better of it, I think it would frustrate me a little too much on any flat inbetween sections.

Gonna go for something more willing to be tamed I think!

Rols.
    The Outrage is a great boat (not paddled an RX, but I'd expect it to be pretty similar, being a little bigger might make it not quite as skippy maybe), but it's very single minded. Ideal if you want a playboat 100% of the time, but less useful if you want to do a range of stuff.

If you think there will be those days when you just fancy drifting along, not really doing too much, a more rounded boat (err, no pun intended) will come into it's own there.

Good luck finding the right boat !
    Last edited by monkey_pork; 9th-February-2006 at 09:28 PM.