Thread: culzean castle ayrshire - possible paddes?

Default culzean castle ayrshire - possible paddes?

thinking of camping for a weekend at c&cc site at culzean castle in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know any paddles in the area. Have transport so can drive. Would like a gentle paddle suitable for an open canoe...

mick

I live near Forfar, in the county of Angus, Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by mickcave View Post
    thinking of camping for a weekend at c&cc site at culzean castle in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know any paddles in the area. Have transport so can drive. Would like a gentle paddle suitable for an open canoe...

mick
    Loch Doon is about 30 minutes with a few smaller lochs and reservoirs nearby. Loch Ken maybe an hour or so? SOAC allows paddling on all of these waters.
    WW

As said Loch Ken and the surrounding lochs and rivers, not a bad area not as grand as the highlands but always a very quiet corner of Scotland. Here's a couple of days I did on Loch Doon http://www.bspforum.net/viewtopic.php?id=914 and the start of this blogg features Woodall Loch followed by Loch Ken http://www.bspforum.net/viewtopic.php?id=225

thanks all

going on the 29th

mick

I live near Forfar, in the county of Angus, Scotland.

I see that you're going away in a couple of days. Have a nice break
    One thing though, it's well worth having a copy of the Scottish Outdoor Access Code with you when out on the water. This way, if you are challenged about your right to be there, you can ask the person/s to show you the part relevant to their claims. If they cant, you can politely tell them to shoo

good one

thanks bill

mick