Thread: Guess where I was sailing last weekend?

Default Guess where I was sailing last weekend?

Question is, did you have any thread with you and are all your buttons & zips now firmly attached?

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

Is it an iceberg?

I was sailing very close by, or rather swimming near bye!

and from another angle

can you guess now?

Brian

Far too much liquid on the 'Weetabix' there. It's gone all soggy.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

I O nly W ish... I could sea there now. Beautiful scenery.
    The woods would be silent if no bird sang except those that sing best.

Doh! - You lucky blighter!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by keyhavenpotterer View Post
    I was sailing very close by, or rather swimming near bye!

and from another angle

can you guess now?

Brian
    That's where we camped on Friday night! With the Dinghy Cruising Association rally - at Hurst Spit, western Solent for those who may not know. Then we went round/thro the Needles, east to Freshwater, portaged to the head of the River Yar, paddled down to Yarmouth and sailed/paddled (not much wind!) back to Southampton Water.

The pictures were taken about 3.30pm on Easter Friday. I was hoping to meet some of the DCA members on the Hurst Rally but they must have arrived later on.

I have walked between the top of the Yar and Freshwater and remember some very steep road sections?

I always really enjoy sailing on the Yar. Just so nice and undeveloped. Unexpected in a way. Then into the crazy packed and busy Yarmouth Harbour, where all the wealthy yachtsmen sit packed in like sardines, missing the beauty of the River.

Here is a picture showing the beauty of the Yar when sailing on a dinghy potter from Keyhaven

Quote Originally Posted by keyhavenpotterer View Post
    The pictures were taken about 3.30pm on Easter Friday. I was hoping to meet some of the DCA members on the Hurst Rally but they must have arrived later on.

I have walked between the top of the Yar and Freshwater and remember some very steep road sections?

I always really enjoy sailing on the Yar. Just so nice and undeveloped. Unexpected in a way. Then into the crazy packed and busy Yarmouth Harbour, where all the wealthy yachtsmen sit packed in like sardines, missing the beauty of the River.

Here is a picture showing the beauty of the Yar when sailing on a dinghy potter from Keyhaven

I think we got there between 5 and 6 - a few others were there just before then.

The road wasn't flat but wasn't steep like some trolley portages I've done in the past in Scotland! Every time I say "never again!"

And yes the river was a nice contrast to the harbour.