Thread: Paddle Fest 2007

Default Paddle Fest 2007

"Something for everyone" is how my club mates described last year's Paddlefest. So I will be going this year, probably take my Kk as well as the OT Pack. If there is any surf on the Saturday I'll have a crack at it, but I'm definitely going out on the canoe trip on the Sunday. If you fancy coming along you can get application forms from the CANI office, they have to be returned by 8th February.

Its 60 for CANI members and 90 for non-members but that includes membership, so its really good value. Where else would you get accommodation, grub, canoe instruction and a couple of nights great craic for that price?

See the flyer below for details.

Big Al.

Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river been poisoned
    and the last fish been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money.
    ~Cree Indian Proverb

Journal Entries

I've been to the last two, both excellent,

I must admit I spent last years in the surf, but when you have a world champ coaching it would be a shame not to use it

and launching of the snow on the beach was fun... really

I'll be booking my place this week...
    JD
    He knows not where he's going, For the ocean will decide, It's not the destination, It's the glory of the ride

My spy in the CANI office tells me that this event is so popular they have had to hire extra accommodation to cope with the demand.
    So far I only know of Bikemec, Peterkm and me from SotP that are going along but there will be a lot of other canoeists so we will do our best to promote the forum.

We will do a blog afterwards to tell all about it.
    Big Al.

~Cree Indian Proverb

Journal Entries

I've just had a call from the organiser of the paddlefest 07

Due to worries about parasites that can be carried on boats, anyone wanting to use their own boats MUST have a their boats jetwashed and have a receipt for a jetwash signed by the garage stating it was used to wash your boats. (so no you can't use your own)

I know this sound surreal, but not a hard thing to do to ensure that the festival organisers have as few problems as poss...

and I'll see you all there, with shining clean boats
    JD
    He knows not where he's going, For the ocean will decide, It's not the destination, It's the glory of the ride

I just got the call myself. It's those Bard Zebra Mussels that are the problem. The local fishermen are doing everything they can to keep them out of Lough Melvin, and who could blame them. Still its a small price to pay to keep the locals happy and maybe build a few bridges between paddlers and fishermen.
    Big Al.

~Cree Indian Proverb

I'll be there too. I missed last year's because I HAD to get married.

There's a squad of us from our kayaking club going as well. See you there.

PS I have been warned to have my boat washed before bringing it down. The anglers are quite particular and apparently you need a receipt from a car wash to prove you had it cleaned professionally.