Thread: Hi - from Newbie

Default Hi - from Newbie

Great site - just what I've been looking for! We (wife, me and Border Terrier) got ourselves a neat boat in the summer and have been slowly building up some experience. Already I see loads of threads of interest so no doubt I'll be chatting soon. We live in the West Highlands so we've plenty of scope for some 'wilderness' trips.

Journal Entries

Welcome.

As you say plenty of scope for wilderness trips in your neck of the woods, so we look forward to hearing about them.

In the meantime any questions just let me know.

Default Hi Gnac

Hi gnac,

North West Highlands - Ullapool is almost my second home.
    We usually holiday in Ullapool at least once or twice a year.Last May we were canoeing on Loch Bad a'Ghail - Inverpolly and yes it can be very windy on the Lochs.
    Alan has Loch Veyatie on his to do list.I have walked in to Suilven twice so a paddle there sounds good.

We book a cottage in Ullapool and will be staying there from the 3rd June for a week.Probably arrive in the evening as we always stop at Culloden to see my brother.

If it suits you both we could meet up for a paddle.

Yours Mutineering Maggie & Alan Ramsay.

Nice to hear from you. We stay in Glenelg just opposite Skye so we really have a great choice of trips and routes. As I said we pretty new to this but game to have a go. Inverpolly is only and hour and a half away and even then we've got to pass half a dozen great loch locations. We are very lucky. A paddle would be great. Keep in touch!

Alan and myself were staying on Skye last October.
    We drove around to Arnisdale and stopped in Glenelg's wee shop for some groceries. The Glenelg Candle's cafe is a good for cakes etc and candles & books.
    Will keep you posted if we plan to be in your area we sometimes stay at Mary's - the old school house self-catering place in Dornie.

Yours Mutineering Maggie

Journal Entries

I was about to say that this is another good use of the GoogleMap function to see who might be near you on a holiday trip but I just noticed you have both added yourselves already.

Hi Maggie - yeah I've been checking the map too! Also the Candle shop was destroyed by fire two months ago. A big loss to the village. We live right at the far end of the Glen just at the forest - so drop in for a cup of tea or even a paddle.

Hi gnac,
    Shame about the cafe. Alan and I will keep you posted if we are going to be over your way.

Yours Maggie.