Thread: lakes meet kit sale/swap

Default lakes meet kit sale/swap

ok people here is the thread youve been waiting for.
    for the long term paddler sell on your kit you couldn't resist at the time but you've already got three of them
    for the newer paddler, look out for some bargains on good little used kit
    put any thing here you want to sell, buy, swap at the lakes meet.
    pictures might help buyers make a decision
    nature is m X-box

amelia and others
    do you think we should do our buying/selling before the meet and do the final deal there or would it be more fun to just offer kit/post wants and leave prices off until we all get there and have a mini market/scrum on the saturday afternoon?
    i say this as i will not get there until saturday morning and im afraid i might miss something . this could apply to many others and might be unfair
    thinking about it, if the likes of lee are offersing discounts then he would need orders before hand but this would only apply to new kit
    Last edited by andym; 11th-January-2007 at 05:17 PM. Reason: new thoughts
    nature is m X-box

Emmerdale, also know as Bradford sewage works

as long as it is before the pub. I must be learning from my drunked ebay exploits.

How about Saturday evening BBQ, bring & buy sale and yarn telling session?

Bring and buy sounds good - I of course will be buying (not sure what until I see it but likely to be in the area of bushcraft/gear).

I would however be interested in pre-ordering if there was a group buy. I would be interested in ordering a Yak Ravine PFD and/or salopettes/trousers.

Pete
    Last edited by Lakeland Pete; 11th-January-2007 at 06:03 PM. Reason: adding more stuff
    Lakeland Pete

Quote Originally Posted by eds View Post
    as long as it is before the pub. I must be learning from my drunked ebay exploits.

Me too I recently bought a new paddle, it turned up and its made of leather and full of studs??

I used to think i was in love and then i bought a Supernova

Quote Originally Posted by eds View Post

sounds like an excellent idea to me, im sure there will be a few tarps if its raining

on a personal note i would be looking for a hammock and a shortish decent paddle for my wife.
    nature is m X-box

Great idea Andy, I will provide anything currently available in the Montane Cold 06 workbook at 25% off.
    The recommendations for canoeing/ camping are;

Montane Extreme Smock, Olive or Black £60 (RRP £80)
    Extreme Salopettes £75 (RRP £100)
    NEW Terra XT Pants £60 (RRP £80)

Extreme Smock & Hood £60 (RRP £80)

The definitive single layer, soft-shell, high specification lightweight mountain top.

The Extreme is a base-layer, mid-layer and outer-layer combined. For optimum lightweight comfort and performance it should be worn against the skin or over a fast wicking technical layer such as the Bionic. This is a clothing system for the really active user who wants to minimise the stop-start routine associated with adjusting a traditional layered clothing system. Through sophisticated venting and construction details, the Extreme Smock offers comfortable use across a much wider range of temperatures than competitive products of this type. It is ideally suited to all high activity outdoor sports in sustained and extreme cold conditions.

Details
    • Active cut with drop tail
    • Large pouch pocket with accessory attachment ring
    • DWR Beardguard lined collar
    • Part elasticated self fabric cuffs with hook and loop adjustment
    • Reinforced elbows
    • Glove attachment loops on forearms
    • Generous neck zip with hook and loop storm baffle
    • MONTANE® Cross-Vent system
    • Two-way zipped side vents with storm baffle
    • Hook and loop adjustable hem
    • Removable crotch strap
    • Removable, fully specified, single hand adjustable, pile-lined hood with wired peak
    • Colours: Black, Olive, Red (Main image)
    Fabric

Outer: PERTEX® 6
    - 69g/m2 lightweight Nylon 6.6 plain weave
    - Breathable to 98%
    - Dense weave gives a wind resistance of 1ft3/min
    - Water repellent with a spray rating of grade 4
    Reinforcements: POLAR-DRI® mini-rip
    - Coated high tenacity textured Nylon rip-stop
    - 85% breathable

Extreme Salopettes £75 + P&P (RRP £100)
    The definitive single layer, soft-shell, lightweight mountain salopettes.

The Extreme Salopettes are the ideal all day leg-wear for the active user in extremely hostile conditions, at high altitude, in winter or in polar regions. Using the original soft-shell concept of DRYACTIV® 3000 Pile and PERTEX® 6, this bib and braces trouser is a base-layer, mid-layer and outer-layer in a single garment. With full length side zips, good storage options, reinforcement patches and cinchable ankles, the Extreme Salopettes are the most highly featured and versatile of all winter mountain salopettes.

Details
    • Adjustable elasticated braces
    • Full length baffled, two-way side zips
    • Active cut with high lift crotch
    • Part elasticated waist
    • Two-way front zip with internal baffle
    • Two zipped, mesh lined chest pockets
    • Reinforced seat, knees and inner ankle
    • Pre-bent knees
    • Draw-cord adjustable ankles
    • Colours: Black
    Fabric

Outer: PERTEX® 6
    - 69g/m2 lightweight Nylon 6.6 plain weave
    - Breathable to 98%
    - Dense weave gives a wind resistance of 1ft3/min
    - Water repellent with a spray rating of grade 4
    Reinforcements: POLAR-DRI® mini-rip
    - Coated high tenacity textured Nylon rip-stop
    - 85% breathable
    - Water repellent
    - Suited to applications where durability and breathability are key
    Lining - DRYACTIV® 3000 Pile
    - Polyester fibre pile

Terra XT Pants - NEW! £60 +P&P (RRP £80)
    Durable, warm, winter mountain pants

The Terra XT is the perfect combination of the highly acclaimed Terra Pants with a zoned, warm and wicking lining. They feature all the same qualities that lead to one leading journalist describing the Terra Pants as \\\'pant perfection\\\', but now also incorporate new winter features such as 3M Scotchlite Reflective flashes and 3/4 length side zips, which both act as vents and enable them to be easily put on and removed over winter footwear. Combine this with DRYACTIV® Suede microfleece and mesh lining and the Terra XT Pants become ideal for active outings on cold, winter days in rugged, mountainous terrain.

Details
    • DRYACTIV® Suede, Mesh and PEAQ® zoned lining
    • 3/4 length, reversed, internally baffled and studded two-way side zips
    • Active cut with high lift crotch
    • Part elasticated waist with button / zipped fly closure and webbing belt with low profile buckle
    • Two zipped mesh lined front pockets
    • Zipped pullout security pocket.
    • CORDURA® reinforced, water-resistant seat, knee and inner ankle
    • Pre-bent knee
    • 3M Scotchlite reflective flashes
    • Ankle zips and press stud adjustable ankles
    • Not available in short leg
    • Colours: Steel Grey / Black
    Fabric

Main Body: Cotton feel TACTEL®
    - 110g/m2 lightweight nylon TACTEL® plain weave with \\\'cotton-feel\\\'
    - Breathable to 98%
    - Water Repellent with a spray rating of grade 4
    - Dense weave gives a wind resistance of 10ft3/min
    Reinforcements: Water-resistant CORDURA® Mini-Rip
    - 175g/m2 high tenacity Nylon CORDURA® rip-stop
    - Waterproof to a minimum of 3,000mm hydrostatic head and breathable to a minimum MVTR of 5,000g/m2/24hrs
    - Excellent tear and abrasion resistance
    - Durable water repellent finish
    Lining: Zoned DRYACTIV® Suede
    - 100g/m2 polyester tricot with brushed face
    - Durable wicking finish by 3M Scotchguard®
    - Draws moisture from the skin
    - Does not affect breathability
    - Soft feel for comfort against the skin
    DRYACTIV® Mesh
    - 130g/m2 Polyester mesh
    - Durable wicking finish by 3M Scotchguard®
    - Draws moisture from the skin
    - Does not affect breathability
    - Soft feel for comfort against the skin
    PEAQ® 30DWR
    - 30g/m2 ultra lightweight Nylon 6.6 plain weave
    - Water resistant finish
    - Fast drying and highly breathable
    - Ideal lining fabric for active use garments
    - Ultra soft for exceptional comfort against the skin

Weight

600g / 21oz: Medium

For further details visit www.montane.co.uk or PM me. please be aware the smock is designed to be a close fit, this is especially noticable across the chest. The smock & salopettes are extremely warm, even when wet, the outer being shower and wind proof and quick drying. The Terra XT are brand new this season, I have tried these out and have proved to be fantastic not only for canoeing but also walking, again shower and wind proof.

Other items I would suggest looking at are;
    200 Jacket
    Featherlite Smock
    Toasty Jacket
    Superfly Jacket

If any one orders 2+ items I will do them at 30% off. This is only valid for this meet, to be paid for at the meet (in pounds sterling) where I will deliver.

I will need orders before the 31st January, please be aware some items may be out of stock as we are coming to the end of season. If enough of one item are ordered I will try to get us extra discount. See you all there. Lee.
    Leone_blanco

Default Canoeist Magazine

I have a load of back copies of Canoeist magazine cluttering my office. Would anyone like them? I can't be bothered posting them but I could bring them to the meet and you can squabble over the best ones...

Chris

Have also got some paddling videos to sell- Bill Mason Waterwalker, OCs on the Grand Canyon plus a couple of others.
    "All right" said Eeyore "We're going. Only don't blame me"

www.canoepaddler.me.uk

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    on a personal note i would be looking for a hammock and a shortish decent paddle for my wife.
    Might help if you describe your wife so people know what they are getting

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Randall View Post
    I have a load of back copies of Canoeist magazine cluttering my office. Would anyone like them? I can't be bothered posting them but I could bring them to the meet and you can squabble over the best ones...

Chris

Have also got some paddling videos to sell- Bill Mason Waterwalker, OCs on the Grand Canyon plus a couple of others.
    What no fireboxes
    John

Emmerdale, also know as Bradford sewage works

or one of the new fancy lid bit for your fire boxes?

Default Kit Sail/sale

Is anyone after any sailing stuff - sails, complete rigs and so on? I've got a few bits and bobs that I don't use anymore and could bring for people to see and argue over.
    I might even persuade the Solway Dory chaps to either bring, or let me have, some samples for your appraisal/purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by windorpaddle View Post
    Is anyone after any sailing stuff - sails, complete rigs and so on? I've got a few bits and bobs that I don't use anymore and could bring for people to see and argue over.
    I might even persuade the Solway Dory chaps to either bring, or let me have, some samples for your appraisal/purchase.
    i might just be interested in this sort of kit and look forward to seeing some sails in action
    nature is m X-box

If I make it up there I'll try and remember to bring a large sail to be ritually cut up and passed around. There may be enough to do all sorts of bushcrafty things with it. make sure your knives are well sharp.

Also some bits of wood for anyone to try their hand at paddle making........ just hope there will be room in the car
    Obscured by Clouds

Clipper Prospector 16

http://lostcoast.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Don Redondo View Post
    Also some bits of wood for anyone to try their hand at paddle making........ just hope there will be room in the car
    That would be great if you do have room DR. Good paddle wood is hard to come by.

I'll be bringing various odds and ends just in case anyone wants. No point in having un-used gear hanging around if you can swap for something more interesting!

On that note, if anyone has a spare canoe pole, spare plastic paddle or a set of hen's teeth they no longer need, do seek me out on Saturday!

Cheers,

Blutack.
    The Canoeist's prayer: "Lord grant me the serenity to walk the portages I must, The courage to run the rapids I can, And the wisdom to know the difference".

John Muir Trust - Wild Places for Nature & People.

I have 2 spare kneeling thwarts if anyones interested. £15 each, ones 870mm the other 890mm, the picture shows the supports undrilled, they will be drilled and they are cut slightly oversized. 4 bolts included, Thwart I will leave undrilled for you to size yourself. Unfinished ash.

Last edited by Pl@inum; 6th-February-2007 at 09:58 PM. Reason: overpriced, 15 squid will cover cost and get me a pint of Coniston Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Blutack View Post
    That would be great if you do have room DR. Good paddle wood is hard to come by.
    That is what I have found. If you can get me a bit I will square you up when you get back.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Pl@inum View Post
    I have 2 spare kneeling thwarts if anyones interested. £15 each, ones 870mm the other 890mm, the picture shows the supports undrilled, they will be drilled and they are cut slightly oversized. 4 bolts included, Thwart I will leave undrilled for you to size yourself. Unfinished ash.

Hi Pl@inum,

I would be interested in one of these

Cheers

Jon

Default yup

i fancy one of these mark
    any one got a cordless drill and a suitable bit so i could fit it whilst in the lakes?

andy

Quote Originally Posted by Pl@inum View Post

nature is m X-box

No problem Jon & Andy.

Andy, I'll throw the cordless and a saw in the car.

Cheers

Mark

Default Drills et al

Andy,

Can bring a drill etc... What size bit do you need? Also I tend use metal bits when drilling my canoe - do you the same or another sort??

If I remember that is. Of course will be bringing on sat morning though so no good if you want it for the saturdays paddling.

Pete
    Lakeland Pete

Default drill

thanks for the offers guys
    look forward to seeing you there
    HOWEVER........
    I AM REALLY OFF
    my car needs a new gear box and i may not get it done before the weekend ( the sods at citroen have had it for 2 weeks and cant get the part in the country)and the curtesy car will not have a roofrack. so i may not have a boat to paddle

i may be all right but i doubt it.
    not a happy bunny
    been looking forward to this for a long time especially in my own boat paddling with other solo boaters and paddling the river
    if you listen carefully on thursday morning you will be able to hear me venting my rage to citroen uk at the other end of the country

Last edited by andym; 7th-February-2007 at 07:30 PM.
    nature is m X-box

Remember to bring the hoist to get the old fella in and out of the canoe, he seizes up after an hour or so. Thats if he can keep his boat the right way up for that long
    Leone_blanco

Always a spot in my canoe if you wish.

Plus (if not travelling too fast) consider getting long pipe laging and placing on gunwales, then double strap the canoe (i.e. four straps) over the roof, therefore either through windows or above door, and shutting the door should provide some strength against the wind. However you do also need to attach end straps as well with this method. I have done but only on short trips around the lakes. Wouldn't suggest motorway but A roads could be ok - just a long drive thats all.

Or if near a canoe shop simply buy the proper foam transporter blocks.

Pete
    Lakeland Pete

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    thanks for the offers guys
    look forward to seeing you there
    HOWEVER........
    I AM REALLY OFF
    my car needs a new gear box and i may not get it done before the weekend ( the sods at citroen have had it for 2 weeks and cant get the part in the country)and the curtesy car will not have a roofrack. so i may not have a boat to paddle

i may be all right but i doubt it.
    not a happy bunny
    been looking forward to this for a long time especially in my own boat paddling with other solo boaters and paddling the river
    if you listen carefully on thursday morning you will be able to hear me venting my rage to citroen uk at the other end of the country

I'm sure I could get two boats on my roof if you want a loift, am going up Friday morning, phone and let me know.

Lee
    Leone_blanco

That is not good, hope you get it sorted mate, won't the bugga's put you some roof bars on if you explain there delay is screwing your break up??