Thread: Sevylor Hudson KCC 360 Inflatable Kayak.

Default Sevylor Hudson KCC 360 Inflatable Kayak.

The Sevylor Hudson inflatable kayak looks good and offers great performance.

The adjustable and elevated seats have backrests and bungee cords for practicality and fit and allow the kayak to be used by one person or converted for use by up to two adults and one child.

Stable and comfortable, The Sevylor Hudson offers excellent tracking, with directional strakes and removable fins to add to its manoeuvrability.

Sevylor Hudson Features:

• Boston valves for easy inflation/deflation.
    • Comfortable and adjustable seats with backrest.
    • Bow and stern spray covers for water protection.
    • Bungee cords for securing extra gear.
    • Removable fin and welded directional strakes for extra maneuverability.
    • Paddle holders.
    • Neoprene paddling guards for additional comfort.
    • Wide shape for extra stability.
    • Inflatable heavy PVC floor with a double I-beam for strength and rigidity.
    • Nylon covered hull with PVC coated reinforced fabric bottom for stiffness and durability.
    • Three inflatable chambers.
    • Colour: Blue.

Sevylor Hudson Specifications:

• Suitable for: 2 adults + 1 child.
    • Length: 363cm.
    • Width: 89cm.
    • Weight: 15kg.
    • Maximum load: 230kg.
    • Packed size: 76cm x 45cm x 24cm.

Default sevylor huson problems

So Far I had had NO problems with either one of my Hudsons.
    Plenty of room for single or double paddling.

One small puncture due to some fisherman leaving a fishing hook laying about.
    apart from that nothning.

Anyone had any problems with theirs.??

A great boat . mine has had plenty of abuse with no sign of wear . Just one issue that i believe is the same with most if not all inflatables, that is the initial drop in pressure when first put in . I have found that 20 mins of paddling and then a quick top up to pressure is then fine for many more hours . Beware though if stopping for a break don't be temted to take out . The pressure can rise quickly . Using a double paddle of less than 230 can be tiresome .I have found nearer 280 to be ok. I'm 6ft so that may have a bearing. The load carrying capacity is great and easily takes two big lads and gear 250kilo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdneFg9UDu8 Irecently tried a 5speed 34lb trolling motor and found 3rd to be just right for a local canal. It is a pity there isn't any factory motor mounts but a bit of inventivness works a treat. This is a great inflatable and very tough.
    Oh I almost forgot. Very , very stable.
    Last edited by woodist; 6th-October-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: adding info

I like the outboard is it electric.?

Yes as you say the provision for an outboard if required is limited and again as you say
    you have to be inventive.

But looks great to me . nice video.

how is the motor mount fitted ..

another with motor fitted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gT47OdcVoE
    Last edited by Sonar; 6th-October-2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: link added

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51913048@N05/?saved=1
    Here's a couple of pics The first 3 I think ,of the mount I put on the back . 10mm ext ply . It's tied down to the rear D rings, with a hole cut out for access to the valves via the zip and one for the rear handle. I have used a 85ah deep cycle battery that has given 6 hours running in 3rd speed which is faster than paddling and a lot more relaxing. May be going against the paddle ethic but it still gets me out and about when the jiggered back is playing up. The battery box has a cut out switch so the motor is on and set to speed before setting off. I find the seat backs too low for me when paddling so added the folding type seats for extra support for the crumbly back. Does anybody else find they need a paddle of silly length?
    That German motor and mount is quite an expensive bit of gear e500 if I remember correctly . mine all came to £150. Motor £75. Battery £55 cable , switch and ply £20
    Last edited by woodist; 6th-October-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Adding info

Both eerrr in doors and myself have the same sort of back problems
    so we managed to buy a couple of chairs and chopped them up and there now ideal
    for long trips.

I guess anybody else with a similar back problem
    may have made another type of support ..

Just bumping this into the inflatable canoe section..

Replace your inflatables drain bung.. D.I.Y ..

http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...ng-replacement.

And a replacement D.I.Y. skeg for under £1.00

http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...highlight=skeg..

8. Default Newbie in a Hudson

Hi All,

Firstly thanks to everyone who's posted for their advice and shared experiences - I'm pretty new to canoeing and am delighted to have joined the party now. Thanks, largely, to what I've read on the forums, I've taken the plunge and thought I'd share my own thoughts...

I'm a fisherman, and have always not-too-secretly harboured a desire for some kind of boat, but recently read a few articles about touring the rivers in a canoe, and kayak-fishing at sea which piqued my interest. Spending a couple of hundred rather than thousands would go down better at home too, and my 7 year old daughter's excitement at the prospect of getting one sealed the deal!

So, I'm now the proud owner of a Sevylor Hudson, which I got at Decathlon for £299 (seems very cheap to me) and coupled to £100-worth of buoyancy aids and kayak-style paddles from Amazon. Most pleased! Of course, after the initial thrill of inflating it in the front room, it was a week before I got to go out on it, but went camping to Shell Island this weekend and took it out to sea. I appreciate this could have been risky, and was prepared not to venture out on open water, but the sea was so flat-calm that I really couldn't leave the new baby packed away!

Anyway, it was great! With me, a mate (neither small) and my little girl, the Hudson was really stable; easy to get in and out of; to get going on the calm water and to continue in a (more or less) straight line with the skeg attached. Didn't get too wet (I forgot to take my 'phone out of my shorts pocket - d'oh! - but it remained dry and lives on). It is also very roomy and comfortable, though I think higher back rests might be worth looking at in the future for longer outings.

The only negative I can think of is that it's really quite heavy to carry over a mile from the tent to the sea. Especially when wet and sandy. But, to be fair it's my own stupid fault for not having the foresight to drive closer to the beach...

That week waiting to get out saw me doing a lot of googling, and I was, at first, disappointed there's no option for the motor mount (for fishing) or any fancy gear compartments/rod holders as I've read some others do, but having gone out now, I really couldn't be happier to move under my own power and store gear around my feet. A great purchase for me and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone else. Little'un loves it - next trip will be down the Mersey from Stockport; then I'll be taking it fly-fishing in the lakes, so will report on both if anyone's interested.

Cheers all!

Default We are newbies too

We too have just taken the plunge to buy a Sevylor Hudson from Decathlon. We are trying it on the Wye next week and then at Brignorth the following week. We will try both paddle types.We opted for life jackets not buoyancy aids as they are lighter and less restricting. Maybe use buoyancy aids in winter to help keep warm. However, our expoits will be for leisure and not White waterInflatable was not our first choice but after watching numerous videos on YouTube a sevylor was the one to get.My car has fitted roof bars so deciding rigid shell was a serious option but towing a caravan too. I thought fuel cost would be stupid. What did it really was that we were looking at river routes that give us an easy return to the caravan site via public transport to save paddling up stream - brignorth the Severn has a steam train running alongside it. So can pack up the gear after 8 miles paddling and board a train - brill

10. Default A Little Help Please - Spares

Hi All,

Just joined the forum after having the Sevylor Hudson for 18 months. Fantastic bit of kit and normally very robust until today!

I am absolutely gutted that after planning a trip of 15 miles down the tidal stretch of the River Meday, 3 miles into the trip one of the main chambers started to deflate. This certainly added to the excitement as there was nowhere to beach or get out without battling clay reed beds and getting stuck. We were very lucky to find a small quay with a ladder - on an outgoing tide. We hauled the kayak 4 meters up a rusty ladder with half the rungs missing - that was exciting in itself.

Just stripped the kayak down hoping to find a small repairable hole but alas it has split along the seam which will make it impossible.

I have 2 questions:

1. Does anyone have a UK helpline number for Sevylor? - I will try and see if they will send me a replacement
    2. I can only find one retailer on the internet which seems to sell a spare bladder - any other suggestions?

Thanks

UNITED KINGDOM

Tel. +44 (0)1275 845 024

consumerservices@colemanuk.co

This was where I started for any spare parts Been a while since I was looking.
    But I think the bladders were about £50.00 Each.

Left hand Bladder ref number is 80678
    Right hand Bladder ref number is 80679

Seems like everthing else the price has gone up a little.

See Here http://www.sevylor-inflatables.co.uk...hp/61/1/spares

Default Hudson leak

Bought my Hudson from Decathlon Stockport over a year ago and had plenty of use. Was going to paddle from Llangollen to Erbistock last week but the little bbbbbeauty developed a small leak on a side bladder on a seam. contacted Decathlon and they replaced the whole canoe no problem. Now thats what I call service

Quote Originally Posted by osmosis1st View Post
    Bought my Hudson from Decathlon Stockport over a year ago and had plenty of use. Was going to paddle from Llangollen to Erbistock last week but the little bbbbbeauty developed a small leak on a side bladder on a seam. contacted Decathlon and they replaced the whole canoe no problem. Now thats what I call service
    Even leaks or puntures on a seam can be repaired using stormseal adhesive.
    Fully deflate lightly sand and apply a blob of the above on the leak and wait 24 hours to dry then inflate.

Thumbs up cracking boat

We've had a Hudson for about 18 months and really can't fault it at all.
    Seems incredibly robust and well built.I agree about the need for longer paddles though.
    Our shortish ones were a pain as they rubbed on the sides of the boat too much.Got some longer ones and problem solved.
    I have just upgraded to an ally canoe so SWMBO says I have to sell the Hudson.I find myself wanting to keep it as it's so easy
    to take out at short notice and will comfortably fit in her Fiat 500 rather than my Jeep!I have a sneaking feeling that it is going
    to be posted soon.(Probably the next time I'm away for the weekend!)

Default Problem with rewind chamber

Hello, in August I bought an inflatable boat Sevylor Hudson, he is very good on the river wildness WWII.
    But when inflation is in the rear side of the chamber near the inflatable chamber seemed constricted. When I opened the zip top chamber, I have found that the internal PVC chambers inside the cylinder nilon twisted like screw. The problem was also repeated deflation is realigned to make it nearly straight / and there was thus a normal inflation / and it took us over an hour and we managed to fully compare only one chamber. First, I see this long time as a problem and secondly the fear that the increased strain that could burst? What to do with it? For the first time this was not done, it's to complain?
    The second problem is the long drying, about two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Milos View Post
    Hello, in August I bought an inflatable boat Sevylor Hudson, he is very good on the river wildness WWII.
    But when inflation is in the rear side of the chamber near the inflatable chamber seemed constricted. When I opened the zip top chamber, I have found that the internal PVC chambers inside the cylinder nilon twisted like screw. The problem was also repeated deflation is realigned to make it nearly straight / and there was thus a normal inflation / and it took us over an hour and we managed to fully compare only one chamber. First, I see this long time as a problem and secondly the fear that the increased strain that could burst? What to do with it? For the first time this was not done, it's to complain?
    The second problem is the long drying, about two days.
    If you have straightened the chamber, it should be fine now.

For drying, my Colorado will dry in a couple of hours when inflated and left outside. Use a towel to get the water out of the channels at the bottom.

I've had the Hudson for about a month now and overall I'm very, very pleased with it, it's been a lot of fun for me and the family.

However, having recently seen a Colorado close up, I was impressed at how it seems to stretch the outer skin of the canoe to form an impressive rigid structure front and rear, which I'm sure must aid travel through the water. The Hudson, on the other hand, seems to have loose-skin at the front and rear (between the point and the base) with no air chamber behind it (just a void), and I would think this creates a small amount of forward resistance in the water. I've had two Hudsons due to a minor fault on the first one which was then replaced, but they have both been the same in regards to this slight bagginess.

I'm actually hoping someone will tell me I'm doing something wrong when I set it up, but I suspect I'm not... Can any other Husdon owners share their experience ?

I don't notice any other problems when I'm inflating it other than that I do sometimes need to deflate and reinflate a side chamber when the floor doesn't lie flat, but from what I've read, I regard this is normal. I'm inflating all chambers to 100mbar, as per the instructions, starting with the floor.
    Last edited by werewhelk; 12th-September-2011 at 05:51 PM.

loose-skin at the front
    Hi werewhelk,
    I had a Hudson for around a year and loved it but sold that and moved on to a rigid hull. Purely for the increased room and load carrying. (2 fat blokes and 'stuff').
    I know what you mean about the baggy fitting around the front and the perceived resistance , or at least, it feels like a bucket is lashed to the front at times. I found that a small inflatable beachball placed deflated upfront between the bladders and inflated after the side chambers are up to pressure filled the void and made the front taught. I certainly found a difference in the glide, such as it is in a Hudson , and the noise of any ripples slapping the dished hull disappeared.
    A bit of a waffle but I hope it is of some use.
    Regards, Mike.

Thanks Mike, The idea of stuffing something into the gap had crossed my mind, but I couldnt think of what to use. The beachball is a nice idea.... think I'll be paying Poundland a visit at the weekend

This is my first boat, so I've no idea what to expect in terms of glide, but now you mention it I have been hearing ripples coming from the front. Looking forwards to giving it a try and seeing if there's an improvement.

Cheers for that!

- Tim

Picked up a cheap beachball today and seeing as the Hudson was already inflated & drying out in the garage, I couldn't resist trying it out.

Wow, It really does improve the shape and rigidity at the front end - more than I expected - giving it a perfect kayak shape to my uneducated eye. I'd be amazed if anyone can come up with a better upgrade for a quid! Took less than a minute to put it in and inflate too. Quite puzzling that Sevylor didn't bother extending the floor chamber up to fill this void.

Can't wait to try it out in the water at the weekend, weather permitting, to see if it affects performance.

Thanks again for that excellent tip Mike.

You're welcome Tim , glad it worked for you aswell .
    Have a shufty at the last bit of adaptation I did before selling the Hudson. It might be of interest.

http://www.youtube.com/user/woodist1
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/51913048@N05/ I have just found some pics of the front . Before and after putting the packing up front. I imagine yours is similar?
    Regards Mike.
    Last edited by woodist; 14th-September-2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: A bit more info

Just to add to the praise of this Kayak - I have had one for the past couple of months and have done many trips out on the Lower Thames and I couldn't recommend it enough.

It's immensely stable, easy to set up and to pack away. It takes me around 55 pumps (1 pump up & down) each side bladder and around 30 (I think) for the base. From out of the car to in the water is under 15 minutes.

It is hard to make a good speed on your own, even on flat water I reckon around 3-4 mph and a bit less in choppy water. With two people you can make good headway. I find that the skeg is vital. The bow of the boat swings around 10 degrees (5 each way) when paddling alone in the middle of the boat, which is fine.

Having to re-pump it up every time I get home to dry it out in the garage, is a massive pain in the backside! But one i'm prepared to live with owing to the ease of transport. I have it in the boot with a paddle and life jacket just in case I ever get the opportunity to get out on the water somewhere

Quality feels good, well constructed and it feels like it will last a long time (excluding accidents with sharp objects), if you look after it I think it will last many, many years. I have to agree with other people here when commenting about the saggy bow. This is a really confusing design, I honestly can not understand how Sevylor could have tested this and thought 'yep, that's fine'...it is not. The front does need a small foam or inflatable ball to be pushed into it to make it rounded, otherwise you just have a crumpled mess at the bow which causes unnecessary drag - poor oversight, easily remedied.

You could just about sleep in the boat for a night if you had to. But, i'm well over 6' and my shoulders do not fit, so it'd be comfortable for smaller people only. Also bear in mind that there will be a fair amount of water in the boat after a paddle aroundand this will leave the material wet for hours (except in summer) so bring something water proof to lay down. I use the bag the Kayak comes in to place over my legs and knees to keep me dry when out and about.

Also, this boat will comfortably take two 200lbs guys (or you and the better half) and extensive camping gear, in comfort.

Lots of people have commented positively on the boat out on the river and I look forward to taking this boat and my new Outwell Trout 4 tent down to SW France next year and maybe even The Lake District in the Spring. I bought the tent after spending 2 terrifying nights with a thunderstorm parked over my Coleman 3 man tent near Montauban, the lightening was blinding inside the tent, not to mention the thunder! The tent, that had tolerated torrential rain in Australia and Tasmania, leaked like mad and the polyester material was on the verge of being ripped apart in the wind. All the time a couple with a Trout 4 polycotton next to me were as happy as Larry, the tent not even shaking in 40mph gusts!

Anyway, the boat's great. Get one

Default Great piece of Kit

Hi Guys

Ibought a Hudson last year having rented a ridged canoe in the lakes. It was the storage space and transporting that made me choose inflatable rather than a ridged one. I’ve had it in the Tees a number of times and also in the sea. Handles great and has plenty of storage space. I go out with my wife and daughter and have no issues with storage of dry clothes and cool box of supplies. Looking to do the Tees from Neasham later this month hope fully it will be running a little fast for a bit of fun.
    I would definitely recommend one to anybody with no storage or transport for aridged canoe.

Mark Headlam

Quote Originally Posted by MCH View Post
    Hi Guys

Ibought a Hudson last year having rented a ridged canoe in the lakes. It was the storage space and transporting that made me choose inflatable rather than a ridged one. Iíve had it in the Tees a number of times and also in the sea. Handles great and has plenty of storage space. I go out with my wife and daughter and have no issues with storage of dry clothes and cool box of supplies. Looking to do the Tees from Neasham later this month hope fully it will be running a little fast for a bit of fun.
    I would definitely recommend one to anybody with no storage or transport for aridged canoe.

A great all rounder.

How did you get on in the sea with it .?

Hi,

I put the fin on and it was great, I had two 10 year olds in with me and I did all the work. It was tracking great through the sea, a little better than it had on the Tees in poor weather.
    We were off Runswick Bay and the sea was calm. We rode a few small breaking waves as we came in they were fun the girls loved it. It was more a gentle trip rather than adrenalin push but it certainly made me think of getting the rods out and go after a few cod off Redcar in the summer.

I’m going to put some pictures up on here as soon as I findout how to...

Cheers
    Mark Headlam

Quote Originally Posted by MCH View Post
    Hi,

I put the fin on and it was great, I had two 10 year olds in with me and I did all the work. It was tracking great through the sea, a little better than it had on the Tees in poor weather.
    We were off Runswick Bay and the sea was calm. We rode a few small breaking waves as we came in they were fun the girls loved it. It was more a gentle trip rather than adrenalin push but it certainly made me think of getting the rods out and go after a few cod off Redcar in the summer.

Iím going to put some pictures up on here as soon as I findout how to...

Cheers
    Redcar seaton carew and Hartlepool on calm days are a great place to have a fish.
    Took Ours when we had one to seaton carew had a great time till the wind started getting up then we were all over the place.
    But still a great day.

Help I've lost my skeg can someone post a photo with a ruler against it for scale please.
    Also has anyone thought about adding mounts for a small skeg halfway along to improve tracking, especially in wind?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nash View Post
    Help I've lost my skeg can someone post a photo with a ruler against it for scale please.
    Also has anyone thought about adding mounts for a small skeg halfway along to improve tracking, especially in wind?
    I'll get you some images over later today - i'm just going out on the Thames in mine.

Suntan lotion - check

Any good for you?
    ...that reminds me, I need to make a spare skeg incase the same happens to me

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfever View Post

Any good for you?
    ...that reminds me, I need to make a spare skeg incase the same happens to me
    There easy to make you just need a cheap plastic bread board from a £1. shop
    the one your wanting has a 5mm lip all round

Place yours on top of the breadboard and mark with a pencil.
    Cut out and sand to shape.

Sorted a new or spare skeg for a pound.

Quote Originally Posted by roamfree View Post
    I'll get you some images over later today - i'm just going out on the Thames in mine.

Suntan lotion - check
    I see the good community has already helped out

Here's a .zip file with several photo's of various aspects, if you still need them.

The River Thames was insane today. Never seen so many dangerously overloaded and recklessly driven motor-boats. One managed to swamp me with a huge bow wave (thanks!) and several boats with incredibly drunk occupants almost ran me over on a couple of occasions! Still, made for an interesting afternoon and a good few miles paddling.

Link - https://www.box.com/s/a60f3f33427781f5764e

I have deleted the link to the Skeg photo's above.

I have a Sevylor Amazon (now re-named or discontinued) and when it came time to upgrade I went for the Zpro Tango TA300.

I also have a 45lb thrust outboard with an 85ah leisure battery and I use an adjustable side mounting bracket which works just fine.
    I tend to use mine when bimbling along canals with the kids or when sea fishing.

Default New Hudson owner

Just bought myself a Sevylor Hudson from Dectathalon for £249, which I thought was not a bad price. I intend to use it on some cat II to cat III whitewater. Does anyone have any experience of using one for this? Also I was wondering if anyone has tackled weirs with a Hudson?

Hi
    Could someone give me advice of what outdoor motor I could attach to this Kayak.
    Have owned the Sevylor Hudson for a few years but would like a little help in the open water.

I have the Tango TA300 which is rated at 250kgs and the Hudson is rated at 230KGs so not much difference.
    I have a 40lb thrust electric outboard with an 88ah leisure battery and I can still carry myself and two kids easily. You should be ok upto about 45/50lb thrust I would think.
    The battery is the heaviest item but I extended my 12v cables and stow the battery under the front cover to even out the weight. On full thrust I get about 3 hours use on a charge and at a slower speed I can get 4.5 hours out of it and cover more distance.

Superb for sea fishing in calm waters and for canal days with the kids.

37. Default Oar size / getting wet.....

Hi All,

A bit of advice please. We have just bought the new 2014 Hudson from Decathlon after seeing plenty of people out and about. We've had a great couple of trips on various parts of the Broads this weekend (beautiful weather), with one problem. We are getting very wet due to dripping from the paddles. Not being experience in Canoing/Kayaking, I took the advise of the sale person at Decathlon and we have a 215 and a 205 doubled ended style - based on our heights.

However, it seems to me that the Hudson is wider that a normal canoe, and so when we are paddling on the left, the right hand oar is basically above our legs and thus dripping onto us...

What are we doing wrong? Is it the length - should they be longer? Is it our style of paddling - (plainly you won;t know that). I'm also suspicious that the paddles have rigidity grooves along the back, which seem to channel water down the shaft.....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve I had the same problem so now I paddle mine Canadian style!!

Kayak paddles always bring water into the boat. But do you have drip rings on yours? They do help.
    Not in Oxford any more...

Hi, I've gone for a Gumotex and would think the width is not far off yours, the guy advised me to get 230cm so your more in the water and less of a angle and hopefully not rubbing the tubes, still don't think we'll get away not getting drips. Have you got your drip rings all the way out?.

We're about to find out ourselves If we get wet lol, going up to Arisaig for a week to try the open kayak out, my wife can use her paddle to combat the

I took my Sea Eagle 370 out for it's maiden voyage the other week with a mate, and we were using 240cm kayak paddles that come with it. I found that sitting in the front I was getting pretty darn soaked, yet my friend in the back, was pretty dry. I also noticed that I was getting wet predominantly on my left-hand side which I put down to being right-handed and having a poor technique; although I'm not sure if being in the front made a diference either?

You went wrong by taking the advice of someone who sells a vast range of outdoor products with no experience of any of them
    inflatables are wider and higher than standard hardshell boats and so need a much longer paddle the method of sizing a paddle by reaching up on the blade does not apply and you have found that to avoid the sides you are reaching out.

The rule best followed with inflatables is the shorter the person the longer the paddle try some 230cm such as http://www.solelymarine.com/lightwei...30cm-163-p.asp

We also took advantage of sales at Decathlon and got a Hudson. Now on sale for £250! Bargain, especially if you have a Decathlon near you and can collect (we didn't had to pay about £25 shipping). We (me, hubby, and 2 kids) took it out for a paddle on the Cam (local river) on Sunday and really enjoyed it. We got Canadian-style paddles partly because I'm more used to them and partly to avoid getting wet due to kayak-style paddles and no spray skirt.

We found we had no problem keeping the boat going straight, even without installing the skeg. But then I know the J-stroke. At least, I read about it in a Boy Scout "how to canoe" book and I think I'm doing it more or less right. My husband doesn't know the J-stroke, but when I explained to him how to stick the paddle in and use it like a rudder, he was able to keep the boat going straight when he was in the back.

I do have a question for you experienced inflatable owners: what about drying the thing out? We have it sitting on the living room floor. I am finding it incredibly difficult to get it 100% dry. There's some moisture between the outer skin of the boat and the big tubes along the sides. No air gets in there, and repeated wiping with a cloth is doing the job very slowly. Is there some trick to drying it out? Or do I just not worry about those little dribbles hidden in the innermost recesses of the boat, and just fold it up until the next time?

I think it largely depends on how often you plan to use it. I think Mal Grey (sorry if I got this wrong!) on here advised somewhere that when he had his Colorado he used to use it every week, and then you don't have to be too concerned about getting it completely dry. Personally, I only get out every few weeks, so I make sure mine is thoroughly dry before stowing it away as otherwise mildew can become a problem. This was another reason that I got a single skin instead as a mate of mine has a Sevylor Tahiti, and explained the very same problem that you are having with drying, with his solution being the exact same method of a couple of days in the living room!

45. Default

Hello all,
    I am yet to see an explanation on how to mount a motor on a Sevylor Hudson. I may have to rethink buying one now, as I will find it immensely difficult, and tedious, to paddle.
    Help would be greatly appreciated.

Just one of the few other people here that want to chime in and want to say what a great inflatable this is. It took me weeks to figure out which inflatable kayak I wanted to buy, I looked at many of the Advanced Elements yaks but found they were just too heavy for me. Finally found the Hudson and after reading a couple of reviews, after much debating I finally decided that it would be the Hudson that would be my kayak. From all my searching I truly agree that there's no better kayak is this price range, and trust me I did A LOT of research before hand.

The Hudson is perfect for me, I can bring my girlfriend along or my dog, it's easy to set up and inflate. I've yet to find any negatives with it!

A dog in an inflatable... What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemagee View Post
    Hehe, you'd think so but the majority of inflatables are pretty good when it comes to puncture resistant. Dog claws aren't that sharp either.

There's a blog on here somewhere from a lady who did the Great Glen solo, in a 10-foot inflatable, with a springer spaniel, and had some rough weather. She managed...
    Not in Oxford any more...

That would be Fiona and Doglet then, yes it did her proud, one or two of her trips gave me the wim wams with her gear loaded up, must say Fiona part swayed me to get an inflatable.

She went back to New Zealand If I remember right

That would be Fiona and Doglet then, yes it did her proud, one or two of her trips gave me the wim wams with her gear loaded up, must say Fiona part swayed me to get an inflatable.

She went back to New Zealand If I remember right

Quote Originally Posted by The Inflator View Post
    Yikes! However I've yet to find any inflatable which doesn't have a number of people complaining about leaky bladders. There seems to be a 50/50 mix on nearly all inflatable boats, whether they're kayaks, float tubes, dinghies and so on. I guess it's a mix between poor care and faulty manufacturing? We'll see how mine holds up this year.

I have a Sevylor Colorado which lasted a couple of years before I sold it on. Never had a problem with the bladders and I can't say I was that careful with it

I have a Sevylor Colorado which lasted a couple of years before I sold it on. Never had a problem with the bladders and I can't say I was that careful with it
    That's great to hear Jamie! Hopefully mine will last as long as yours, I tend to push the limits of my gear so wouldn't mind having some extra durability.

In case anyone wants to read a review of it, my friend has written a pretty thorough review on his Hudson here: http://inflatablesguide.com/reviews/...-hudson-review

Cheerios!

56. Default

Just got a Hudson and looking forward to getting out in it, lots of great posts on here with loads of good info, very useful, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    Just got a Hudson and looking forward to getting out in it, lots of great posts on here with loads of good info, very useful, thanks
    You're going to love it! I have used mine so much this spring, it can take a beating as well. Been hitting all kinds of rocks and other things with it, but I can't even find a scratch on it. One of the best purchases I've done so far!

I see someone has mentioned paddling Canadian style, how did it go?