Thread: Kent paddle on Sunday?

Default Kent paddle on Sunday?

Anyone fancy getting out on the water this weekend?

The weather guessers seem to be predicting Sunday as the better day of the two at the moment so laurence and I will be popping over to the Medway if you fancy joining us.

Current favourite is to go upstream on the Medway from Tonbridge to the normal head of navigation and see if we can push up the little side stream from there to where (I'm informed by a friendly local) there is a boating lake. Don't mind an alternative venue though if there are burning desires out there
    Happy paddling ,
    Rob.

Am planning to head out somewhere tomorrow. Where is this side stream?
    Matto

Ours was the marsh country, down by the river, within, as the river wound, twenty miles of the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Matto View Post
    Am planning to head out somewhere tomorrow. Where is this side stream?
    Rats. Just pressed some sort of control key and lost my earlier message. In abbreviated form:

On the left as you approach the flood control dam there is a broadside stream with a footbridge over it. 50 yds up it turns very small & barely navigable but heads vaguely in the direction of the reported boating lake and may save a portage. Last time I went up about half a K. but turned back due to complaints about te narrow channel/ovehanging bushes etc.

Today we just went for a walk but still got rather wet. If its just a bit of drizzle we'll probably still go on the water but not if its tipping it down. If you fancy joining us give me a call on ****** tonight or before 9:30 tomorrow & we'll make a plan.

Rob.
    Last edited by Matto; 7th-January-2007 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Telephone number removed for safety
    Happy paddling ,
    Rob.

Matto, once you get a note of Robs number can you edit it out of his post just to be on the safe side
    John

shame i just got to read this post!

it would have saved me from a day of removing rad's, running cables and chopping in boxes,

mind you it may have ended in divorce if I neglected my decorating and went canoing!

I am looking forward to reading the blog.

It's a part of Medway I have yet to paddle. I would have liked to have paddled today but I was enjoying the woods with friends from BCUK instead.

Bushcraft Survival and First Aid Training.

Not quite the advertised trip, but here is the blogg: http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...5978#post25978
    Matto

Ours was the marsh country, down by the river, within, as the river wound, twenty miles of the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by MagiKelly View Post
    Matto, once you get a note of Robs number can you edit it out of his post just to be on the safe side
    Its OK John, I'm happy to have my phone number in the post. Email addresses are obviously a target for bots and spam but I think that the phone pests work from telephone directories - trawling through web pages for them would be a bit pointless I think.

Besides anyone who rings me offereing double glazing or life insurance etc. usually gets discouraged pretty quickly ...

Rob.
    Happy paddling ,
    Rob.