Thread: Rent a sailing canoe for the day ?

Default Rent a sailing canoe for the day ?

I am intruiged by this sailing a canoe malarkey

as a regular visitor to the Lake District I would like to have a go at it there, but cant find any where that rents them out

I know the OSCG meet in the Lakes a couple of times a year, maybe thats an alterntive time to go and try ?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    I know the OSCG meet in the Lakes a couple of times a year, maybe thats an alterntive time to go and try ?
    Certainly is! I can't imagine you'd EVER have trouble arranging a try-it session in any conditions fit for sailing. For the events listing, click here: the last meet of the season, at Coniston, remains an option for this season.

One further option. Dave Stubbs and Dave and Jan Poskitt of Solway Dory fame (great folk) are enthusiasts first and foremost, and in my experience have ALWAYS got time for serious enquiries about the sport they love, and their combined experience is massive - give them a call!

Ps. If you can't make an OCSG meet, I doubt you'd have too much time convincing either of the Dave's (or Keith, for that matter) that they "need" to go sailing at some other time.... and they all live on the edge of the Lake District

Pps. Steve Robinson is the Training Advisor... and I believe he lives (or at least works) on your doorstop: for contact details click here.
    Last edited by GregandGinaS; 30th-September-2010 at 07:33 PM.