Thread: Hello from the center of the U.S.

Default Hello from the center of the U.S.

I hale from Missouri the ,cave state, and the many clear water streams in the Ozarks.
    Been fishing, camping, and boating since I was 10.
    I got into boat building in 2006 when I came across the Glen-L website. Finishing up my 4th which requires a paddle this time instead of a motor.

Default Welcome

Good to have another, who's handy with some 15cm nails and a really big pot of glue. Any photos of your labours?

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the new canoe.
    John

I have owned a 17' Osagen for over 20 yrs. and equipped it with trolling motor etc. It is a heavy, durable, yet hard to turn, especially when battling the current and the wind. The trolling motor makes it a breeze.

So I wanted something lower to catch less wind and turn easier, and since I have a lot of material left over from other boat building, like a 52 yard 50'' wide roll of 6oz. cloth, and nearly a gallon of epoxy resin getting old. I designed and built a 14' tandem kayak-canoe.

I have been building cabinets for about 30yrs. and I say boxes are, boring, compared to building boats.