Thread: "Paddle Your Own Canoe" - Excellent Book

Default "Paddle Your Own Canoe" - Excellent Book

Howdy All,

I was given a copy of "Paddle Your Own Canoe" by Gary and Joanie McGuffin for Christmas. An absolutely excellent gift as this is a brilliant book... Except that I already have a (well used!) copy. So, I'm wondering if anyone else has any unwanted canoe or bushcraft related Christmas presents (or non season-related items for that matter ) which they might like to swap for it.

The book looks like this:
    (except without the search inside arrow of course - this is the Amazon picture), and you can find out all about it at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paddle-Your-Canoe-Gary-McGuffin/dp/1550463772/sr=8-1/qid=1167850570/ref=sr_1_1/026-7735867-5845226?ie=UTF8&s=books ).

As you can see it is currently 9.42 at Amazon - and it would be worth every penny. It is beautifully illustrated with photos with diagrams superimposed to illustrate strokes and techniques, covering everything from efficient flatwater forward strokes to whitewater techniques for fully outfitted short open canoes.

I have to say that for warm tone and self-depracating humour I prefer Bill Mason's "Path of the Paddle", but for a clear explanation with excellent illustrations this one wins every time...

OK, OK, that was a sales pitch - but genuinely, I do think this is an excellent book.

So - any offers for interesting swapsies? Current particular needs include an LED headtorch or a tinder pouch, but all offers welcome

TTFN,
    Ben

Journal Entries

No swaps as I already have a copy

http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/books.html
    John

I started at the bottom and I like it here

Have it too, great book. Very well illustrated and excellent photos.

Nick

Got a copy myself. Great book stunning pics.

Kanunut.

pm sent

Default Swapped

Gone. Thanks for the swap!

Ben