Thread: Hello from Maryland!

Default Hello from Maryland!

Hello All,

I've actually been a member for a while now, but have mostly been lurking quietly. It occurred to me that having spent so much time enjoying all the information available through this site, I should probably offer a proper introduction.

The Potomac River is my home watershed, and I spend most of my paddling time on it or its tributaries with my two kids, 5 and 7. At this stage in their lives, they've spent more time in canoes than on bicycles, by far.

I paddle an old Mad River that I've rigged for sail, and am nearly ready to test a paper canoe I've been having fun creating. It is made almost entirely out of cast off and spare parts that I could scrounge, and lots of half-filled containers of various paints and adhesives. If it doesn't float, it will still end up making a fantastic bonfire.

In any event, thank you for hosting this site and for contributing so much to the sport of paddling all across the globe.

Thanks,

Grange

I know what you mean about spending more time in canoes.
    My daughter is only just confident enough to go out on her bike on her own, but has been paddling sol for a couple of years!

Welcome to the site.
    Hope we hear more about your trips soon!
    'There is no wealth but life itself.'

Default Welcome

Good to have you along for the trip. And another who's handy with some 15cm and a really big pot of glue.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

Smile Looking forward to the bloggs.

Spent some time travelling over there looking at rivers and longing for a canoe. Looking forward to hearing of the adventures of yourself and your family on the blogg page.

Enjoy your paddling.

Cheers,

Charlie.
    It's turned out nice again!