Thread: hi all.great site

Default hi all.great site

hi all .been looking on this site for a while now great keep looking to buy an open canoe but they can be a bit pricey then theres all the gear to.well just have to save a little bit more before i take the plunge done a bit of kayaking years and years ago .last year i was down south wales i hired an open canoe brilliant i was hooked i am from castle ford west yorks .so i guess i,ll have to join the bcu to get on the water around here unlike the scots luv scotland done some kayaking years and years ago last year i went to south wales and hired an open canoe brilliant i was hooked will have to look on ebay for one with little use well thats 2new members from yorkshire hi dave b from tadcaster. well like i say great site keep up the good work i,m learning loads. let u know when i eventually get an open canoe whatch this space > best wishes rob sample

Welcome. It is hard not to try an open canoe and not get hooked. I think the hire places are sponsored by the canoe dealers.

Anyway, keep enjoying the site and any questions just let me know.
    John

Hi Robb nice to hear from you. have you considered joining a caoe club I am at present in the process of Joining the lower wharfe canoe club http://www.lowerwharfe.org.uk/ they are based at Bishopthorp on the river Ouse and have 2 open boats available for use for a nominal fee. There website is prity new so let me know if you are interested and i will get you some more info. Also the Pugney's country Park in wakefield have a number off open boats for hire its a nice big lake, with a safety boat also a Cafe and changing room with showers so its a good place to go and practice in almost complete safety!http://www.wakey.com/swakefield/wakefield/pugneys.htm
    Last edited by David B; 26th-January-2006 at 04:14 AM.

Default hi dave b

hi dave thanks for the info think i might give pugneys a go cheers rob

Pugneys was the first place I paddled ! In a very old and battered fiberglass slalom kayak. 1992/93 i think.

Pugneys was not the most inspiring bit af water but was OK to start with. No idea if it has changed since.

Just don't fall in the water in the summer, and if you do don't drink any!
    They used to get a lot of blue green alge.
    Rogue

Pugney aint changed much it is still a bit like a big puddle full of sailboards. But if your desperate to get on the water its better than nothing.