Thread: Loch Ard Sunday 29th jan

Default Loch Ard Sunday 29th jan

Having an easy paddle on Loch Ard due to the fact that we are having a social night on saturday involving curry and a beer or two . As usual all welcome

Alan and Maggie

Might actually be able to make this one. I will check with Stuart and Susan. I need to be back home by 4.30 - 5.00pm as I have a show later.
    John

We've planned a visit to Loch Lomond on Saturday with my sister. If we can persuade her to canoe a second day then we'll see you on Loch Ard.

I've just about had enough of this ! It seems that boating down South is extinct so I'm going to have to gird my loins and travel the ten hours up to spend some time with some 'real men' (and ladies) sooner or later.

Come on, us Southern softies need to get out for a paddle together. All we need is a sense of humour and a camera ! I was on the Dart 'loop' 10 days ago, in good water levels and there were some gnarly old boaters there - and not a beard in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubby
    I've just about had enough of this ! It seems that boating down South is extinct so I'm going to have to gird my loins and travel the ten hours up to spend some time with some 'real men' (and ladies) sooner or later.

Come on, us Southern softies need to get out for a paddle together. All we need is a sense of humour and a camera ! I was on the Dart 'loop' 10 days ago, in good water levels and there were some gnarly old boaters there - and not a beard in sight.
    Just do what Alan does. Post where you are going at the weekend and ask if anyone wants to come along. As the membership grows there are bound to be people in your area who will want to join you.

Of course if you do decide to travel to Scotland you will be more than welcome.
    John

If its not too soft for you how about paddling the Banwy and the Tanat near Welshpool on the weekend of the 25/26th Feb. The're grade 2 and water dependant so if there isn't any we could paddle the Severn a bit lower down. Can't go before then coz I'm off to Canada, snowshoeing and dogsledding...
    "All right" said Eeyore "We're going. Only don't blame me"

www.canoepaddler.me.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Randall
    If its not too soft for you how about paddling the Banwy and the Tanat near Welshpool on the weekend of the 25/26th Feb. The're grade 2 and water dependant so if there isn't any we could paddle the Severn a bit lower down. Can't go before then coz I'm off to Canada, snowshoeing and dogsledding...
    Probably best to post that on a thread of its own so that more people will see it. Chances are members in that area may not even look at a thread about Loch Ard.
    John

monkey_pork is offline a wind age, a wolf age - before the world goes headlong Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Grubby
    I was on the Dart 'loop' 10 days ago, - and not a beard in sight.
    That's because I wasn't paddling there !

It is a good point tho' we do seem all a bit stretched out down here in the south (Keith and I aside, and maybe Tomtom at ~45 minutes away).

This page might help galvanise activity a bit ...

Default Loch Ard

A gentle plooter on Loch Ard sounds good. I'll PM you.

Eric

Eric, how are you fixed for a canoe this weekend? Is yours away? I can't make Sunday as I have guests (unless thay come too): however you are welcome to use one of my boats if you are short.
    If it wasn't for the rain in our lives there would be no rivers. X 2

I'm starting to look less likely on this one. May have to watch the kids while the wife has some work to do.
    John

Default Loch Ard

Tony,

I'm afraid I will always be short. I do have a boat for the weekend though : I've to keep a hold of my mis-shapen tub for the time being. Thanks for the offer though. Appreciated. Fingers crossed, we'll see you on Sunday.

Cheers,

Eric
    !

Default Loch Ard

Hi Eric , be nice to have you along . Have sent PM with our contact details , or else meet at Kinlochard village 10.15 - 10.30

Alan

sounds like it'll be a great day. Unfortunatly it's a bit far to come for a day trip.
    Last time we were at loch Ard back in Sept. we parked at the other end of the loch at the forestry commision car park at Milton. We had to carry the canoe 3-400 mtrs to launch and you have to watch out for the dog **** Through the narrows, as it called, from there is a beautiful area, away from the road as well. Its very sheltered usually with lots of wildlife.

I'm sure it wouldn't take too long to paddle there from Kinlochard though. We had the kids with us that day and didn't get too far as we stopped at all the little islands on the way down the loch and let them go swimming lots. Don't know I'd reccomend it at this time of year though.

hope to join you on a trip soon.

Have a fab day
    'There is no wealth but life itself.'

i can make this one looking forward to it!

Default Loch Ard

Hi Alan,
    Is it okay if I get a pass for the day?

If not well get your own canoe then .

Yours Maggie.

Default Loch Ard

Hi All,

I am unfortuantly working on Sunday so have to pass. Maggie is that you making Alan paddle his own canoe?

Have a great time.

The village council at Kinlochard have been fantastic about the parking at the village hall and are being very pro-active. Please remeber the donation in the honesty box.

Dave R

Default Loch Ard

Hi Dave,

Crossed wires here,

Just a little domestic banter.

I bought the Old Town Camper last year off my redundancy money. Not a bad exchange for working for the same company nearly 30 years.

We were in your shop today. Ordered some floating rope. Pole felt good, quite tempted after last Sunday.

What would you recommend still have some duny money left.

Thanks for letting us know about the honesty box will certainly contribute.

Yours Maggie

Default Pass for maggie

I suppose you ought to come along , otherwise I'm up the creek without a canoe never mind a paddle
    But then again , get my own , nice red prospector perhaps

Default backpaddling

Alan,

You're slow on the uptake.
    It would be a long portage . Does a lift come with the pass .

Must get a trolley.

Yours Mutineering Maggie.