Thread: Hey from Yorkshire

Default Hey from Yorkshire

Hi everyone. Stu and Kath from Yorkshire. We don't have a canoe, but we do have a boat. She's a 60 year old 'gentleman's motor yacht' built in 1950 that we've had for nearly 10 years. The concept of the freedom of the open canoe is shared by all boaters, so we hope that you accept us as friends. Cheers

That sounds like a great boat, can you get a picture of it on here? Oh and welcome from a fellow Yorkshire couple.

Default Cygnus

Hi, and thank you for the welcome. I can't post a link yet because of the forum rules but I will reply again to your post since I will then have met the 2 post minimum.

She was built on the Thames and we love her very much. The picture in my next post is of her crossing the wash in 1972. It's the only picture I have of her under sail. I have a brand new set of 'bonny red sails' but not found the mast yet! We think we know where it is but have to go and search. Again, thank you for your welcome.

Stu and Kath.

PS. Where in Yorkshire are you?

Hi, we are near Driffield in East Yorkshire. Where abouts are you?

Hello from Bradford!

Jay.
    It was like that when I got here...

Default Re: Hey from Yorkshire

We're near Doncaster on a really good marina. We're out of the water at the moment for hull repairs and paint etc. Hope to be back in the water in about a week with a bit of luck! We've finally figured out how to bend oak and mahogany using steam and that's speeded up the repairs. Here's a picture of our boat

Cygnus crossing the Wash

Sorry can't put the image directly in this post because [img] isn't turned on. The above is a link to flickr

Default Welcome

Any photos of your launch.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

Default Cygnus, currently naked

For several reasons the launch has been delayed, weather, idleness etc...... We've got one more piece of wood to fit and then we can start painting. Weather today is good, steam box ready, a few more cups of tea and off we go. Obviously I saved the worst plank 'til last!

I'm going to take a couple of pics today and some more when the paint's on. I'll try to remember to take one when she's on the cradle being launched
    And now, a little light relief...

A Simples Life