Thread: hello from where the rivers meet the sea in somerset.

Wink hello from where the rivers meet the sea in somerset.

Hi,this is a bit strange for me but the site is so good i thought it was about time i joined . I have owned a few different canoes ,made a dennis davis canadian first then tried a sit in a puddle fishing thing followed by a vista tandem kayak which was quite good but now i hope things are sorted cos we have just got an old town scout. Have been on local rivers and canals and some south coast estuary paddles but dont know any other local paddlers to compare trips. I have a few questions so will have to try a post next.thank for looking,Dave.

Hi Dave, greetings from the other side of the blue ball. Im a great Somerset fan..... Hope to see some of your blogs about canoeing there. Tony.
    Tony BR
    www.companhiadecanoagem.com.br
    www.canoacanadense.com.br/english.htm
    Past 20 years teaching Biology!
    Next 20 building Canoes!!!

Default Welcome

Good to have you along for the trip.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

Default old man

Hi Dave,
    Like you I've recently joined sotp.I haven't done much paddling yet & have only been on the Bridgwater to Taunton canal, the Grand Western canal & Wimbleball lake. I want to paddle the river Brue but haven't made it yet & I am interested to find out if you know of any any good places in Somerset/Devon to paddle where I wont get shot at by landowners. I joined sotp initially to sell my Bell Vermont canoe which I did today & have replaced it with an Old Town Pack. I've now realised what a good community it is & so will try & keep myself active within it.
    Don't know what you class as mid Somerset but I'm situated just outside of Bridgwater.
    If you have any tips about where to Paddle I'd be grateful & if I can be of help to feel free to ask.

Paul

Dave, Paul

Sutton Bingham & Diistrict Canoe Club [see here] are, I understand, an active, friendly club which my B-in-L and his family are members [they paddle canoes and kayaks]

Maybe a way to meet like minded people in the area and undertake some trips?

Cheers

Tim