Thread: Thursday 21 Dec - Central Scotland

Default Thursday 21 Dec - Central Scotland

I'm looking to do something on Thursday. I have between 9 & 3 while the kids are at school. So I'll probably do loch lomond if alone, or Teith or Tay if with someone. I'm travelling from Kirkintilloch area.
    Any takers?

Philip

Enjoy, I'm working.

Nick

Journal Entries

Any other Thursday at those times, I could have met you half way for the Tay, but tommorow I'm afraid Santa needs help as he hasn't been shopping yet .
    'There is no wealth but life itself.'

Looks like it will be Balmaha at about 9.30 then. Alone.

Philip

Enjoy the flat calm weather ?

Nick

Just been paddling on Loch Lomond from balmaha. The level is still very high. the water is 8ft from the edge of the pavement (It had been right across the road and half way up the Hotel's car park.

The water is at the boardwalk level. The marina office has 2ft of water in it and you can paddle over the top of all the marina jetties.

I paddled round inchcailoch - you don't need to paddle round the spit, you paddle over it!
    Across to Aber Isle, which was completely under water with just the trees showing.
    Then across to the Endrick 'mouth' - Totally flooded, though you can see the fallen tree at the motuh. The whole of crom mhin is open water, with some shetler from wind behind stands of gorse and other trees/shrubs. Finally land fall at NS437883!

My map extract didn't have the meanders so I failed to realise I could have gone straight to the bridge at Mains farm.

Saw two see kayakers, who said the Luss Peir had had 1 foot of water on top of the pier decking ! I've been there in the summer when it has been an 8 ft leap into the water for the kids.

Philip
    (this is also copied on the Loch Lomond high water thread)
    Also forgot the camera so no piccy's - shame