Thread: River Wharf is tanking - fancy it tomorrow morning (17th)?

Default River Wharf is tanking - fancy it tomorrow morning (17th)?

Little shout out to any yorkshire boaters.

The Wharf is fairly humping and its been raining all day today. So My long suffering girlfriend is playing shuttle bunny and dropping me at addingham, below the double drop death weir (you know the one - not the diagonal one next to the caravan site, the next one down) Gonna paddle down to Otley (where I live) shes dropping my van off for me at the get-out: aren't shuttle bunnies great!

So there is an easy shuttle in it for anyone thats interested in joining me. I'll just run you and your boat back to the start, no buggering around before we paddle! I would point out that whilst that section is fairly straight forward and never more than G2, it is in heavy spate and folk would need to be happy with us paddling as equals rather than it being led or anything.

I'll be doing it anyways tomorrow. Drop me a PM if you fancy it too and i'll give you a call.

Matt
    dog-dirty and loaded for bear.

well, not quite tanking but still a good flow. Clear evidence it had been up a further 1.5 - 2meters this week. Just a shame it was so damn windy all week. Anyway, blue skies and good water were had.

Cheers
    Matt
    dog-dirty and loaded for bear.