Thread: *** URGENT*** TGB Has jammed, please help.

Default *** URGENT*** TGB Has jammed, please help.

TGB has jammed in the on position, if anyone is passing the Lake District could they please give him a nudge.

Mike
    " Never knowingly under equipped! "

He has been away and is a man who likes to make sure people are properly welcomed. I admire that in him.

One thing pretty much everyone who joined after TGB and who posted an introduction thread has in common ins that they had a welcome post from TGB. While many are the same phrase I am sure each is posted with the same level of genuine sincerity.

So if anyone is down giving him a nudge, give him a pat on the back from me while you are at it.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by MagiKelly View Post
    He has been away and is a man who likes to make sure people are properly welcomed. I admire that in him.

One thing pretty much everyone who joined after TGB and who posted an introduction thread has in common ins that they had a welcome post from TGB. While many are the same phrase I am sure each is posted with the same level of genuine sincerity.

So if anyone is down giving him a nudge, give him a pat on the back from me while you are at it.
    Quite right, I wasn't knocking it, just amused at the forum presentation, I thought I had got locked into introductions initially.

Mike
    " Never knowingly under equipped! "

I've always respected the effort TGB makes to welcome every guest, & I remember my own welcome was one of the things that instantly told me I'd found the right place.

Good on ya TGB!
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Sorry about that, too much flux in the joint at one time maybe. Just advance warning, I'm off again from today; just for a couple of days, then off for another week at the end of June. So there may be another bout of 'Welcomes' on the way. I did briefly think about one post welcoming all that I'd missed in my absence. But went with the individual approach, as each member is different and each has posted their own introduction. While we all have paddling at heart, I feel a certain personal touch is sometimes needed too. (No tittering in the back rows please.)

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by TGB View Post
    I feel a certain personal touch is sometimes needed too. (No tittering in the back rows please.)

TGB
    More a guffaw from my direction.

But well done on taking the effort to welcome everyone.

Steve
    Had a great time at the Canoe Symposium 2011 - Harry Rock is now my hero.

Crow is offline こんにちは。私はカラスと私はスコットラ ンドの出身で す。

Did you have a good holiday, TGB?

Here comes the future and you can't run from it
    If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it

Crow Trip Log

Savanna, Illinois USA-on the banks of the Mississippi River

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    I heard he went to Brazil
    Regards,
    Mike

I can see him right here, right now.....

TGB, we all remember that you were (probably) the first one to reply to all our introduction messages here at SOTP.... I REALLY respect and like that effort from you! You are a great guy and we all thank you for making SOTP a friendly place right from the first message to all members.

Maybe MK could ban you for a couple seconds so we can send you 6000 welcome replies as soon as you rejoin.....

Tony BR
    www.companhiadecanoagem.com.br
    www.canoacanadense.com.br/english.htm
    Past 20 years teaching Biology!
    Next 20 building Canoes!!!

Default Urgent

I second all the motions and testimonies to TGB who is clearly one of SOTP most dependable and sensible characterswillie
    "Every action of our lives touches on
    some chord that will vibrate in eternity"

Edwin Hubbel Chapin

But not tooooooo sensible, eh?

Thanks TGB. You were the first to reply to my first post. Of course, I didn't know you then, but felt very welcomed. When you make your first post on a forum, you have no idea what the response will be, so a friendly one is very important.

i really did enjoy your last, clasy blogg.

Will there be another soon?

dave

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    It had its good points, (Peniscola Castle was really good but the drive was hellish) - its great points, (Spending time with family is always good; well for the most part. See low points next door.) and its low points, (Scubbing, cleaning, repairing window shutters in hot weather - When the pool is calling. And painting white on white, having first wire-brushed the old off. Even with sunglasses, white on white is an eye killer.)

Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    ...dependable and sensible characterswillie
    Caught me on a good day eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    But not tooooooo sensible, eh?

Thank goodness Mr Fforde doesn't write more books. If he did, I'd never find time for SOTP. Ok, slight fib there. I wonder when Thursday is going to appear again; not in two days time me thinks. But I have been known to be mistaken.

i really did enjoy your last, clasy blogg.

Will there be another soon?
    One hopes so but not of my recent holiday. One photo of white paint is ok. Two would be boring.

Oh. And a thank you for all the kind remarks.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.