Thread: Hi from Peterborough, Cambridgeshire

Default Hi from Peterborough, Cambridgeshire

Just registered, have been lurking for a few months. Recently bought a new Pelican Explorer DLX and started open paddling - have been kayaking since 18, fancied something a bit more sedate and want to try canoe camping again.

3* kayak (old school) and was trainee 2* kayak coach, but lost interest when the BCU changed everything a few years ago. looking to get back into it possibly. BMC UK ML(S) and Trainee BMC SPA - been climbing and trekking for donkeys years. Extensively travelled and partied - still going strong.

Mike

and yes - I am Sergei from comparethemeerkat.com

Hello and welcome! I'm sure there are other meerkats somewhere around here...
    Jim

"God guard me from those thoughts men think
    In the mind alone;
    He that sings a lasting song
    Thinks in a marrowbone."

Hi
    I'm new here too, and also from Peterborough.

I don't own a canoe yet but am actively looking for something to use with my wife and kids at the weekends and summer evenings.

Have you got involved with the local Canoe club - Packers? I'm hoping to join up with them for a few training sessions as I'm a complete novice. You probably don't need that benefit of the club, but it looked like a nice big friendly group when I was down at Milton Ferry Bridge on Wednesday evening.

Don't suppose you fancy a paddling partner anytime soon? I'm desperate to get on the water, but I'm being careful about how I spend my money as we have a limited budget. I'll need some pointers, but I'll promise to put in a good shift and will bring food and drinks if required!

Cheers
    Rich

And a warm welcome from North Yorkshire.

I agree with your frustrations with the BCU qualifications change too!
    http://www.davidwperry.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    Hi
    Don't suppose you fancy a paddling partner anytime soon? I'm desperate to get on the water, but I'm being careful about how I spend my money as we have a limited budget. I'll need some pointers, but I'll promise to put in a good shift and will bring food and drinks if required!

Cheers
    Rich
    Rich, if you want to go out sometime with me, then drop me a pm and we can sort something out.... an after work paddle could be easily fitted in during these long evenings.... I am busy most weekends through the summer though!
    Cheers
    Mike

Hi Mike!

Fancy seeing you here mate!!!

Cheers!

Alex

Alex, alright mate - you know I have a life now.... ;-)

Far better things to do than putting on a blue uniform twice a week and most weekends...
    Cheers
    Mike

Default Welcome

Good to have you along for the trip.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.