Thread: Hello New to Forum

Default Hello New to Forum

I recently relocated to the UK from the US after my wife and I suffered a tragic loss in our immediate family. In any case, I have been paddling for over 30 years; grew up on the Chesapeake Bay, fishing boating and paddling its beautiful tributaries. We spent the last 6 years out west, Montana and Oregon and experienced some exceptional canoeing. Prior to our relocation, I sadly had to part with my beloved Dagger Reflection 15, as shipping would have been cost prohibitive. At the moment I'm canoe-less and actively looking to fill the void. I am, however, finding canoe prices on this side of the pond considerably higher than in the states. Hopefully my hunt for an adequate replacement won't take too long.

Smile Hello and welcome

Welcome to both SoTP and the UK

Best wishes

Steve

Now paddling Either a Gumotex Palava 400 Or a Gumotex Solar Pro 410c and LOVING IT!

Default Hi and Welcome

Hi and welcome... Not sure what Canoe you are looking for but I have just put a Charles River on ebay... nice canoe 160440502990
    Paddle faster I hear Banjo's...

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Lazy...I saw that one and am keeping an eye on it. Right now if the price is right, I'm not too picky. My wife on the other hand likes stability and doesn't have the level of experience that I have, so she would prefer something more suited to lakes, estuaries and slow rivers. Last year we had a close call in white water on the Umpqua River in Oregon, sort of "put the wind up her" if you know what I mean. Not the only time we dumped and went swimming though, but it wasn't a good time. When we talk about canoes, she says: minimal rocker - no WW canoes please!

Hello and welcome! You'll find a lot of things are more expensive here .
    Jim

"God guard me from those thoughts men think
    In the mind alone;
    He that sings a lasting song
    Thinks in a marrowbone."

Default Welcome

Good to have you along for the trip.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

Plymouth, Plymouth, United Kingdom, 107666599263369, Plymouth

I see your in cornwall I'm based in plymouth and have 2 canoes if you want to link up for a paddle some good rivers to paddle not much white water until winter
    drop me a message some time
    John
    JR

Hello and welcome,Chesapeake bay, it may sound silly but i am an avid collector of hatsand i remember seeing on cabelas catalogue once,a hunting cap with the Chesapeake name or style to it,What i would like to know is this a specific style of hat connected to chesapeake area,daft i know,and just curious and if so where could i get one.