Thread: Hi there....

Default Hi there....

Well I've just found SOTP....I'm a very newly returned paddler....so new my boat hasn't even reached water yet...but she is gorgeous!
    Hopefully tommorrow I can get out and get her in some nice calm water whilst we get to know each other and warm up some unused paddling muscles!
    It's been a good few years since I've paddled, although I had a short journey down the Tamar at Easter.
    Been years meaning to get back in a boat and now its all rather exciting, so if anyone is in the Suffolk area and wouldn't mind meeting up with a newbie be great to have some company whilst I learn the ropes again.
    Hope to see you out on the water some time.

Hannah...who is going to spend the night looking at her new boat...is that really sad ? ? !

Welcome to SOTP

Hannah, I've spent many evenings gazing at my old canoe when its dark and can't see much else.
    http://www.davidwperry.blogspot.co.uk/

Default Welcome Hannah

bout the sad thing....its all part and parcel of being a paddler,dont make an appointment with Freud.......yetwillie
    "Every action of our lives touches on
    some chord that will vibrate in eternity"

Edwin Hubbel Chapin

Welcome. Nothing sad about l looking longingly at your canoe
    John

Hi Hannah,
    You have come to a place where everything to do with canoes is cool, fascinating, interesting, respected, admired and worthy. When you share your innermost, canoe thoughts, your SOTP colleagues will just smile and nod knowingly in empathy, agreement and appreciation.
    There is no 'sad' any more! Enjoy, have fun and be very, very happy!
    Headman
    Do what you love, love what you do,
    Shoo bee doo bee dooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Headman View Post
    Hi Hannah,
    You have come to a place where everything to do with canoes is cool, fascinating, interesting, respected, admired and worthy. When you share your innermost, canoe thoughts, your SOTP colleagues will just smile and nod knowingly in empathy, agreement and appreciation.
    There is no 'sad' any more! Enjoy, have fun and be very, very happy!
    Headman
    Yep.. Basically it's a cult.

Quote Originally Posted by hannahc View Post
    Well I've just found SOTP....I'm a very newly returned paddler....so new my boat hasn't even reached water yet...but she is gorgeous!
    Hopefully tommorrow I can get out and get her in some nice calm water whilst we get to know each other and warm up some unused paddling muscles!
    It's been a good few years since I've paddled, although I had a short journey down the Tamar at Easter.
    Been years meaning to get back in a boat and now its all rather exciting, so if anyone is in the Suffolk area and wouldn't mind meeting up with a newbie be great to have some company whilst I learn the ropes again.
    Hope to see you out on the water some time.

Hannah...who is going to spend the night looking at her new boat...is that really sad ? ? !
    Sad but true..we've all done it. Just dont tell people who dont paddle..

Quote Originally Posted by theshanclan View Post
    Yep.. Basically it's a cult.
    Welcome to Cult of the Paddle!
    Do what you love, love what you do,
    Shoo bee doo bee dooooo!

hi

nothing sad about that at all.

whereabouts are you in suffolk, do you know the stour?

lots of people about in East Anglia so look out for trips being arranged and join in.
    Richard (AKA Wally)

Default Suffolk .....

Quote Originally Posted by wallyward View Post
    hi

nothing sad about that at all.

whereabouts are you in suffolk, do you know the stour?

lots of people about in East Anglia so look out for trips being arranged and join in.
    Glad to hear that I am not the only one looking longingly at my boat ! Thanks for the welcomes.
    I am in Woodbridge....the only River I know so far is the Deben....read a lot about the Stour and really looking forward to a trip down there.
    Unfortunately not in Suffolk this weekend or I'd see if I could make the paddle that is on the forum at the moment.
    Really looking forward to joining up with a few others as long as they don't mind a newbie remembering how to paddle !
    Heading down to meet the folks this weekend and introduce them to my canoe and some gentle paddling on the Kennet and Avon Canal.
    Maybe see you on the water some time
    Hannah

Quote Originally Posted by hannahc View Post
    Glad to hear that I am not the only one looking longingly at my boat ! Thanks for the welcomes.
    I am in Woodbridge....the only River I know so far is the Deben....read a lot about the Stour and really looking forward to a trip down there.
    Unfortunately not in Suffolk this weekend or I'd see if I could make the paddle that is on the forum at the moment.
    Really looking forward to joining up with a few others as long as they don't mind a newbie remembering how to paddle !
    Heading down to meet the folks this weekend and introduce them to my canoe and some gentle paddling on the Kennet and Avon Canal.
    Maybe see you on the water some time
    Hannah

Hi Hannah

If you are in Woodbridge there is a group who meet on the Deben every Tuesday evening. Have you met up with them at all? I sometimes make it there if I get out of work at a sensible hour. I do a bit of coaching (mainly using the Stour at Cattawade or Dedham) so if I can be of any assistance let me know.

Default Deben

Hi Richard,

Did send an email to the Deben Canoe Club the other week but not heard anything yet....will try again if I don't hear anything soon !
    Thanks for the offer of some help might take you up on that...its been about 7 years since I really did any paddling...bit rusty to say the least.
    Heading to the very gentle waters of the Kennet and Avon canal this weekend....so be a good chance to brush up on some paddle action and see what I can remember!
    Then start to get to know the rivers round here, build up my confidence and maybe, just maybe some skills ! ?
    Cheers for now
    Hannah

Default Welcome

Good to have you along for the trip.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.