Thread: FS: 50 posted Another lightweight hammock underquilt/blanket

Default FS: 50 posted Another lightweight hammock underquilt/blanket

Construction is brown ripstop nylon. Brown gutterman 100% polyester thread. 220g of 800 fill goose down (no feathers). Black grosgrain suspension points inc additional side pts for use with asymmetric hammocks.

This is a 3/4 quilt. Size approx = 108cm and 125cm long

Total weight 475g. Packs to the size of a melon. 50 posted

My mate has seen active service in Afghanistan and uses a hennessy hammock. He's been using one of my 1st hammock quilts for some time. The one I have for sale is one of three that I have made over the last few days. Two will be off to Helmand provence shortly. He wanted a lightweight quilt that was also tough, packed small and was not green or black. The brown is not quite coyote brown but is close. Its a little richer, my mate reckons it will be spot on for the terrain. The pics have been taken indoors with a flash and make the quilt look much more orange than it does in natural light.

This shot was taken outside with natural light.

I have also sewn the quilt so that it curves very slightly. I have a similar curved setup that works well for diagonal and side sleepers alike whilst still being good for those that sleep straight down the centre of the hammock.

50 posted

Yes please........

If you PM me with your PayPal details I'll make the payment pronto.

I'm camping this weekend so delivery before then if humanly possible would be fantastic.

Cheers

Barry

Default Quilt

I think you need to start making the next batch

I use a HH so your quilt sounds just right.
    Paddle faster I hear Banjo's...

Blanket arrived this morning and is superb, looking forward to the weekend.

Thanks

Barry

Glad it has arrived safe and well. I have one more brown quilt for sale, its sewn up and ready to be filled (down arriving early next week). It's the last of the brown fabric. Spec as above. Size is approx 130 cm by 108cm 50 posted

Phil, have you thought about doing top quilts as well?

Yes, no problem making top quilts to order. Same techniques used, just bigger.

Would you use a different material for the "inner" side of it? And a footbox type arrangement at the other end? I'm asking because my normal sleeping bag is fine, I use it zipped up about 2 feet to give a foot box, but because of the shape at the top it can be a bit odd to sleep in when its open. It'd be great to have something similar to the kick ass quilts which have a foot box, but which packs down to a normal melon size rather than a water melon, which my current bag compresses to.

The inner would be pertex microlight and the outer whatever you wanted. Draw cord at both ends and tabs so you could lace the bottom third to create a foot box or lay it out flat like a normal quilt.

Ah ok. you wouldnt stitch and fold the bottom to make a permanent footbox or do you think the option to open it out would be better? with the lacing, how would the bottom be fully closed? wouldnt it have to be tha the very bottom folded to make the enclosed box?

I could create a permanent footbox, no problem, it would mean tapering the quilt. I personally prefer the flexibility of a lace up system. It means the Top quilt could be used at home as a quilt or as an UQ. If you take your UQ and get the bungee on one end really tight the quilt almost forms its own foot box. add a lace up system and you're away.

I'll drop you an email later on Phil.