Thread: I can hear the song in Yorkshire

Default I can hear the song in Yorkshire

Hi I have been looking for a site like this since I went on an organised River Spey descent last year. Since then the song has been so loud,that I have just parted with loads of hard earned cash in exchange for a We-no-nah Prospector. Any one in Yorkshire want a Paddling buddie

Glad you finally found us, although we have only been here for just over a month so it is not really a surprise you did not find us earlier.

I am sure we have some members in Yorkshire but I don't think they have added themselves to Googlemap so can't be sure without going through all the members info. I am sure they will chip in if they see your post.

So have you actually got your new canoe yet or do you have to wait for delivery?
    John

What part of Yorkshire are you in? I'm in North Lincolnshire and a paddling buddy would be nice.
    Don't sweat the small stuff.....

Martin

Its sitting in the Garage. Had it for a few days but I havn't wetted it yet. Been too busy with work hope to try It out at the local water sports lake tomorrow.
    I live in Tadcaster which is halfway between Leeds and York and about 5 minutes away from the River Wharfe but like a lot of rivers in England there is no right of Navigation.on the section near me. I dont mind travelling to find different places to paddle and North Lincs aint that far.
    Last edited by David B; 21st-January-2006 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    Its sitting in the Garage. Had it for a few days but I havn't wetted it yet. Been too busy with work hope to try It out at the local water sports lake tomorrow.
    I live in Tadcaster which is halfway between Leeds and York and about 5 minutes away from the River Wharfe but like a lot of rivers in England there is no right of Navigation.on the section near me. I dont mind travelling to find different places to paddle and North Lincs aint that far.
    Leeds, eh? I have some ancestors who were from East Ardsley (which I think is near Leeds) and have always thought of going to take a look at the place. Do you know of it?

PG

Yes I know it reasonably well,Theres not much to see though except houses and factorys. That said it is within easy reach of some off the most picturesque areas of English Country side ( in my humble opinion)e.g. the Lake district and the North Yorkshire Moors. and only about 30 miles from the Historical Walled city of YORK. If you ever do decide to visit drop me a line and I will give you the Guided tour via road and waterway.

I'm in Scarborough and paddle the Derwent at Malton and the Usk at Whitby. Drop me a line if you want to go for a paddle. I'm new to the site but have been paddling a while - been down the Spey twice, and am going again in may, better get some practice in...

Default Haven't forgotten

Not forgotton about the paddle - just waiting for the Polar Bear risk to decline... possibility that I may be around at the weekend - I'll keep you posted next time I'm out and about.

Mick

I'm just ower t'hill in Stalybridge (well 50 miles or so)

Currently mostly paddling Lake District - Windermere and Ullswater.

Isn't a chunk of the Ouse a navigation?

Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by JimH
    I'm just ower t'hill in Stalybridge (well 50 miles or so)

Currently mostly paddling Lake District - Windermere and Ullswater.

Isn't a chunk of the Ouse a navigation?

Jim.
    Yes it all is! paddled it a few times up to York. It will be good for a paddle on summer evenings.Up to york for a glass of fermented cereal crops and back!