Thread: BBC Radio 4 Open Country 18/11/2006 FINDHORN

Default BBC Radio 4 Open Country 18/11/2006 FINDHORN

Hi folks.

You can get a 'listen again' listen to the Open Country prog from last Saturday which was based on a open canoe trip down the Findhorn.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/

I missed it as I was paddling in Donegal and I am just only just catching up on my listening.

Paul.

Had a listen to this on Saturday - good programme

Then on Sunday caught the end of Country File and there's John Craven taking a trip down the Tamar - not a bad weekend for open canoes in the media

monkey_pork is offline a wind age, a wolf age - before the world goes headlong Super Moderator

I've not managed to listen yet, and I'm not sure what the copyright position is, but I'm sure one could probably come up with an mp3 version of the Open Country programme, which might be a bit more useful than the RM version, as you can dump it onto your portable and listen to it out and about ...

Quote Originally Posted by monkey_pork View Post
    as you can dump it onto your portable and listen to it out and about ...
    Whilst paddling down the Findhorn!

monkey_pork is offline a wind age, a wolf age - before the world goes headlong Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_Charles_River View Post
    Ah, that's not really navively portable tho', being a Realmedia streaming file only - (if that's what I think you mean that is of course) ...

I say streaming only of course, but rtsp feeds are locally savable with some work, and RM files do convert to other audio formats, (like the horrid and lossy, but otherwise small enough MP3 format for example)... apparently anyway. Not that it's anything I know anything about you understand.