Thread: Journals what are they and how can I start them

Journal Entries

Default Journals what are they and how can I start them

Recently a forum software upgrade gave us a blog option which can be found here.

http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/blog.php

This option allowed a kind of public diary or journal for members. To save confusion with our existing Blogg section we have renamed the new Blog section to Journal. This is a common internet option and bloging has become pretty popular. A chance to have a bit of a ramble or talk about something that interests you but is unconnected to anything particular

We already have a forum Blogg section where trip reporst are posted and after some discussion and a poll it was pretty much decided to delete the blog / Journal option, however we have found a way to enable this for individual members by request only. This is the system we are running now.

So if you want to post a trip report do it in the Blogg section. This option is available to everyone.

If you want to post anything canoe related, find a section on the forum and post it there.

If you want to make Journal posts about your work, village or anything that is entirely off topic for the forum and does not even warrant an Off Topic post then you can PM me to request the option of posting Journal entries.

To cut down on moderation of Journals we will operate strict rules for that section as it is harder to keep an eye on. If you post anything that breaks the forum rules your Journal will be deleted and the option to post more removed. If you post canoe material in the Journal entries we will probably remove the Journal option as well.

While this may sound a little draconian it is actually just trying to avoid having to remove the Journal option altogether. Hopefully this will be a satisfactory solution.
    John

Journal Entries

Woo hooo!

Do you know if it's possible to post to it remotely, like by email? My Typepad account gives you a special email address to send blog updates to and they get published online. I've no plans for it myself but it would cool (although in direct violation of the rules) if people on extended trips - I'm thinking Brazil, Loch Ness or the Bens by Boat trip - could send updates of their adventures. Provided they move all the posts to a Blogg afterwards, of course.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live - Douglas Adams

Journal Entries

I do know you have an Iphone so you could just log in and post a Journal or blogg

There is a hack that allows you to post to the forum by replying to a notification email but it is not one I am keen on as it encourages not visiting the forum. Don't know of anything similar for the Journals.
    John

Crow is offline こんにちは。私はカラスと私はスコットラ ンドの出身で す。
    Journal Entries

No use to him though, as he never goes anywhere!

I'll stick to tried and tested methods. I.e. stay in the house quietly, search the net for pics of the relevant loch, cobble together some pics of boats using photoshop and paintbook, then post a blogg pretending I've been there. Much easier than actually paddling. Then again maybe not...

Here comes the future and you can't run from it
    If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it

Crow Trip Log